• Apr 15th, 2018 12:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
195 upvotes
Markham, ON

This gym is powered by muscles

I did a quick Google search on "this gym is powered by bicycle" and found out that there are already some gyms looking into that since at least a decade ago.

I then search for "this gym is powered by rowing machine" and it looks like there is nothing written on it.

When I think about the machines at the gym, the stationary bicycle and the rowing machine do not require electricity to run; however you generate heat when you make that stationary object move which in turn can turn into energy.

I have never been to a spin4kids fundraising event but my gym is packed with people who love going to spinning class on a regular basis. It would be interesting to see if all of the stationary bikes were connected if it would generate enough power to keep the TV on for the people outside of the spinning room for that one hour.

Let's say a important sporting game was on and your only option to watch it was at the gym from power generated by the stationary bicycle. If you are pedaling, you won't be watching tv.

Anyways, I digress, is there any other gym equipment that has the potential to generate power aside from the stationary bicycle and rowing machine.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6400 posts
1211 upvotes
The Woodway Curve is self powered by the user. Not sure how they could collect energy from it though.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7178 posts
1943 upvotes
T dot 6
This olympic cyclist with tree trunk legs can barely make toast.

stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
195 upvotes
Markham, ON
Jaytee wrote: This olympic cyclist with tree trunk legs can barely make toast.

Is that toaster energy efficient?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
195 upvotes
Markham, ON
amz155 wrote: The Woodway Curve is self powered by the user. Not sure how they could collect energy from it though.
That's a nice alternative to electric treadmill.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8639 posts
1341 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: but holy sheet muscle legs!
Looks like a damn turkey.
Not smart if the dude wanted to make something else look bigger... it’ll be like putting an 80 inch tv right beside the screen of a movie theatre.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!