• Jan 17th, 2009 11:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes

Gyms in mississauga/oakville area.

hey everyone!

so i am looking to join a decent gym for the next 4 months. Does anyone of gyms in the mississauga oakville area? spceficically around or anywhere inbetween the following intersections (eglinton & 9th line) and (9th line and dundas)

Please let me know the rates of the gym, and what your overall experience was, and obviously where the gym is.

cheers! and happy holidays!
4 replies
Nov 29, 2006
224 posts
3 upvotes
It's going to cost you a premium if you only want a 4 month membership. Most gyms are going to want at a minimum a one year commit; if you want to 'pay-as-you-go' then you should probably look into a city run rec centre, Oakville has three of them. If you find a private gym that offers you a four month membership then I would suggest that it be a monthly cash or cheque transaction because they sometimes 'forget' to cancel automated credit card debits and you might get hit with something like...you should have read the fine print...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes
thanks i shall look into the city run rec centres, do they have decent equipment? anyone else?
Feb 19, 2006
164 posts
1 upvote
YMCA. I do not know if they have one on the street you have mentioned. They normally waive the registration fee , if you are a student and then you can suspend your membership when ever you want. They do not have one year commitment, you need to provide them with 10 business days notice, so they do not bill you for the next month. An individual rates comes to around 55 dollars after tax.