Expired Hot Deals

H & W Produce

Edmonton and Calgary only - Quality Produce at Excellent Prices, with Specials on BC Produce this Weekend

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 11:36 pm
[OP]
Aug 28, 2019
115 posts
558 upvotes
West Kelowna

Edmonton and Calgary only - Quality Produce at Excellent Prices, with Specials on BC Produce this Weekend

Deal Link:
Retailer:
H & W Produce
For those not familiar with H&W:

This is a small Albertan owned produce chain, with 5 outlets in Edmonton and 1 in Calgary NE.

In addition to the flyer (link above), I got an email with additional specials, all BC products, valid from today until Monday, while supplies last:

Peppers; Red, Orange, Yellow: $1.28/lb
Romaine Lettuce: 2 for $0.98
Cherries: $1.28/lb or $20/case
Freestone Peaches: $1.68/lb or $28/case
Corn: 6 for $1.98
Green Beans: $0.98/lb
Strawberries: $10/8lb flat
Blueberries: $12.98/5 lb
Onions; Jumbo Yellow: $20/ 50lb bag
Watermelon, jumbo: 7.98 each

Obviously, some of the quantities are aimed at restaurants rather than households, but the prices for smaller quantities are very reasonable as well.

There's a bunch of steeply discounted stuff behind the checkout stations as well, and frankly half the time there's nothing wrong with these products. This is my go-to area for my home made dog food.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7177 posts
9151 upvotes
The NORTH
You had me till
home made dog food
. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4703 posts
4190 upvotes
Wow.. great pricing on BC products that EVEN BC residents don't have the luxury of paying... Sigh...

We pay through the nose for BC grown fruits and veggies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1063 posts
848 upvotes
Calgary
muffin4life wrote: Wow.. great pricing on BC products that EVEN BC residents don't have the luxury of paying... Sigh...

We pay through the nose for BC grown fruits and veggies
That's how I feel when I see Alberta beef sold in Ontario for less than we can buy it for in Alberta.
no sig
Jan 14, 2007
282 posts
112 upvotes
ben35 wrote: That's how I feel when I see Alberta beef sold in Ontario for less than we can buy it for in Alberta.
LOL! Very true. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4703 posts
4190 upvotes
ben35 wrote: That's how I feel when I see Alberta beef sold in Ontario for less than we can buy it for in Alberta.
We seem to always lose... ON seems to be the big winners in all the low cost groceries deals

We also lose on low price lumber as well. It's cheaper elsewhere than in BC where they are from... Sigh...
[OP]
Aug 28, 2019
115 posts
558 upvotes
West Kelowna
kr0zet wrote: You had me till home made dog food :)
One has allergies, have to :)
OT, if your dog is loose, add cooked/canned pureed pumpkin to their meal, my 3 dogs love it, and they firm up within a day :)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3922 posts
2851 upvotes
Calgary
Never heard never been but will go check it out on my Costco run.

Thanks op
[OP]
Aug 28, 2019
115 posts
558 upvotes
West Kelowna
scotsum wrote: Never heard never been but will go check it out on my Costco run.

Thanks op
Share your experience, good or bad?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3922 posts
2851 upvotes
Calgary
HelloDealy wrote: Share your experience, good or bad?
Will do. I see the jumbo watermelon's a bout a buck cheaper than even costco. Will def check it out when I can.
Jun 22, 2011
723 posts
657 upvotes
This place is awesome. If you have a recipe with an "unusual" vegetable, good chance they have it. I've only been to the one in the millwoods area. T&t is my second place to check for those one of ingredients.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10702 posts
3365 upvotes
cheap yes, but these stores can be quite gross inside, the one on the west end is not very nice inside, the north side is better but some days of the week its like you are visiting India, people everywhere, not respect for space at all.