Expired Hot Deals

[H20 Wireless] US only (AT&T MVNO) 1 month of unlimited tak/text 6gb data $5 !

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 5:14 pm
Jan 19, 2006
421 posts
198 upvotes
BC
althetrainer wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 2:14 pm
Thank you! In that case, i just need to activate the card when I receive it then nothing else to worry about.
Great deal! Thanks OP!!!
Dec 6, 2008
340 posts
66 upvotes
althetrainer wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 2:14 pm
Thank you! In that case, i just need to activate the card when I receive it then nothing else to worry about.
Do you need a US IP address to activate or can I activate online when I'm in Canada?
Jan 19, 2006
421 posts
198 upvotes
BC
Currently in the USA using this SIM.

You must use WiFi to download then install the APN to have cell data go live.

FacetTime over cell data, and hotspot/tethering not available. Pretty disappointing as both of these were capabilities I had hoped it would have and were not addressed anywhere on the H2OWirelessNow website.

Otherwise a decent deal at $5 for more data than I can use in my one week trip limited to a cell phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1459 posts
602 upvotes
Quebec
I will be in the US from Sept to Dec. Could I get my hands on 4 SIM cards and only use them then?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1848 posts
1443 upvotes
cloudsuck wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 2:40 am
FaceTime over cell data, and hotspot/tethering not available. Pretty disappointing as both of these were capabilities I had hoped it would have and were not addressed anywhere on the H2OWirelessNow website.
Otherwise a decent deal at $5 for more data than I can use in my one week trip limited to a cell phone.
Thanks for the information.
Could some of these restrictions be unique to IOS devices?
Maybe someone with an Android phone and this SIM card could test whether Hangouts video chat works, and whether tethering works in the USA (either through native Android or via any apps that claim they can bypass carrier restrictions on tethering).
Thanks in advance.
Jun 6, 2015
943 posts
397 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I got 3x SIMs and shipped it here to pickup using www.crossborderpickups.ca

Paid $5USD for the shipping and $8 for pickup.
cloudsuck wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 2:40 am

FacetTime over cell data, and hotspot/tethering not available. Pretty disappointing as both of these were capabilities I had hoped it would have and were not addressed anywhere on the H2OWirelessNow website.

So everyone has to activate cell data the way you did or it won't work? That's kinda sucky, could we do it in say airport wifi or does it need to be in USA wifi? I have android by the way
Dec 1, 2008
157 posts
36 upvotes
Windsor
Balzard wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 6:32 am
I will be in the US from Sept to Dec. Could I get my hands on 4 SIM cards and only use them then?
No - the terms say that the SIM must be activated before March 31st.

I just ordered the SIM and plan to try it out next week. I almost ordered SIMs from a different MVNO but this is a much better deal for a trip less than 30 days long. I ordered 6 SIMs as you are allowed up to 3 SIMs with the 6GB plan and 3 SIMs with the 1GB plan for a one-time shipping fee. My trip is next week and I decided to pay $15 for the expedited shipping to make sure I get it in time. I really only needed one SIM with 250 - 500MB of data, but now all 5 of us will have plenty of data.

And re: tethering - I have done a lot of research and it looks like it is not possible unless via an android app. But I haven't found any free tethering apps.

If you are going for a trip soon, one idea is to mail it to your hotel.
Jan 19, 2006
421 posts
198 upvotes
BC
Here is where you can download then install the required APN for iPhone so data will go live.

H2O APN: http://boltconfig.com

You need to delete this H2O APN profile to return to using your Canadian SIM data.

Settings, General, Profile: delete H2O profile? Delete.
Jun 7, 2009
246 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need the SIM in your phone to activate the service?

Or can you activate your account with just a picture of the SIM before March 31st, and then use the SIM in the month of April when you go down to the states and pick up the physical SIM?

Just ordered: I'll figure it out when I get a picture of the SIM sent to me. I won't do it before March 31st, so won't be of too much help to others.
Jan 19, 2006
421 posts
198 upvotes
BC
souledge wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 10:15 am
Do you need the SIM in your phone to activate the service?

Or can you activate your account with just a picture of the SIM before March 31st, and then use the SIM in the month of April when you go down to the states and pick up the physical SIM?

Just ordered: I'll figure it out when I get a picture of the SIM sent to me. I won't do it before March 31st, so won't be of too much help to others.
I'm concluding that you would need the SIM in your phone to activate. You could always call them and confirm: 800-643-4926.

Perhaps whoever is taking the photo of your SIM could also install it in a phone and activate it for you?

While on WiFi, I activated with the SIM installed. It took about ten minutes for the mobile number to go live. I then received a SMS providing the mobile number assigned to my choice of area code locality and another SMS with the link to download the APN. IIRC I had to use WiFi to download the APN, install it, restart the phone before data worked.

I found that I had to restart the phone occasionally to get data working again.

Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6691 posts
2479 upvotes
Calgary
itemsale2003 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 12:24 pm
Do you need a US IP address to activate or can I activate online when I'm in Canada?
Went to the US for two weeks, just got back last night. I don't think you can activate the sim in Canada because they only cover the US. I had the sim shipped to my friend's where I activated it in Florida. The activation process is quite simple and painless. The sim worked perfectly while I was in Florida and New York. The only place I couldn't receive signals was on the NY subway which is a dead zone anyway.

I spent probably 8 - 12 hours on the road every day and used my phone as a GPS, even watched Youtube videos on a daily basis. I checked my sim data in Minneapolis before coming back to Calgary last night, I still had a bit over 0.8 GB data left. The $5 spent surpassed my expectations. In fact, it's amazing.
Jun 6, 2015
943 posts
397 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
althetrainer wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 10:43 am
Went to the US for two weeks, just got back last night. I don't think you can activate the sim in Canada because they only cover the US. I had the sim shipped to my friend's where I activated it in Florida. The activation process is quite simple and painless. The sim worked perfectly while I was in Florida and New York. The only place I couldn't receive signals was on the NY subway which is a dead zone anyway.

I spent probably 8 - 12 hours on the road every day and used my phone as a GPS, even watched Youtube videos on a daily basis. I checked my sim data in Minneapolis before coming back to Calgary last night, I still had a bit over 0.8 GB data left. The $5 spent surpassed my expectations. In fact, it's amazing.
I will be activating mine in 2 weeks, but couldn't you activate the SIM while in Canada, then the SIM actually registers in the USA network the first time you enter USA?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6691 posts
2479 upvotes
Calgary
chevyz07 wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 11:09 am
I will be activating mine in 2 weeks, but couldn't you activate the SIM while in Canada, then the SIM actually registers in the USA network the first time you enter USA?
I honestly don't know. I assume they're on AT&T so you need to be able to connect to their network to activate. If you try in 2 weeks please report back. I am going to the US again this summer. Very likely I will buy another sim from them. It won't be $5 but I really like how reliable they are.
Dec 8, 2008
185 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
Wow this almost sounds too good to be true.

Bought 3 Sims for the upcoming Florida trip.

Sent to resort for pickup (emailed and received consent)

Thank you OP and for the billing trick. I had to do the 00xxx trick for it to take my credit card.

Even if the Sims get lost or front desk refuses shipment - I'm not out anything and will sign up for the T-Mobile tourist plan

What a crazy deal
Feb 5, 2004
117 posts
11 upvotes
I'm in US now. You can activate your sim car anytime anywhere, as soon as you get the code on the sim card. For data set up for Android, you don't need WIFI, just create a new APN FOR it. And you can easily get APN settings by google. I would not have wasted my time to call customer service if I had known this before.

-----------------------

Backed from US, no restriction on WIFI hot spot for Android phones, used it during the whole trip without any issues.