Expired Hot Deals

[H20 Wireless] US only (AT&T MVNO) 1 month of unlimited tak/text 6gb data $5 !

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 5:14 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6737 posts
2503 upvotes
Calgary
company wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 7:15 pm
I'm in US now. You can activate your sim car anytime anywhere, as soon as you get the code on the sim card. For data set up for Android, you don't need WIFI, just create a new APN FOR it. And you can easily get APN settings by google. I would not have wasted my time to call customer service if I had known this before.

-----------------------

Backed from US, no restriction on WIFI hot spot for Android phones, used it during the whole trip without any issues.
Are you saying I can activate the sim in Canada as long as I have the code? I just ordered one and have it sent to the US but I won't be there until the first week of April. If I can have my friend send me the code, I will be able to activate the sim before the offer expires on the 31st?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
4347 posts
1311 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Used recently in USA... good coverage.

Did use wifi for initial setup and that went well.
Aug 27, 2011
535 posts
150 upvotes
BELLEVILLE
I'm in Myrtle Beach right now and H2O is working awesome. Had 2 delivered to the resort that we are staying at for the $5. Planned on using Roam Mobility data for maps to get down here. Turned into a disaster were Roam Data would not work no matter what I did with the APN. Showed I had used 500mb on the plan yet funny enough data would not work at all. Emailed Roam about it last Saturday and we are now Thursday night with no response. I will never use Roam down here again. After getting to a hotel last Friday night based off past trips down I-81, woke up Saturday morning and found a Target. I picked up 2 H2O sims for $1 each slapped them in our phones, activated from our hotel phone and worked right away. SO SIMPLE, called the toll free activation # right on the package and just had to enter a ZIP code and pick a local area code. Piece of cake, had them both activated in under 5 minutes. Ended up using the 2 sims I had shipped from H2O in my sons phone and our ZTE tablet I picked up from the Source on the $5 Virgin 1GB plan a couple weeks ago. both as well are working awesome. So just a heads up, if you are travelling in the US before the end of the month just stop into a Target and grab a sim for $1 rather then the $5 shipped online. Thanks to the OP as I was originally planning on trying to use Roam down here for the week for both our phones. Saved me about $50
Dec 6, 2008
360 posts
71 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 7:10 pm
Used recently in USA... good coverage.

Did use wifi for initial setup and that went well.
I'm in the US right now. When you guys mean you used wi-fi for set up did you end up putting your name, credit card details, etc. I attempted this, but even till the last step nowhere does it state that first month is free. Did anyone get charged for the first month?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
4347 posts
1311 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
itemsale2003 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 6:13 am
I'm in the US right now. When you guys mean you used wi-fi for set up did you end up putting your name, credit card details, etc. I attempted this, but even till the last step nowhere does it state that first month is free. Did anyone get charged for the first month?
No credit card info needed for setup.

There was paper invoice with sim... it specifically mentioned 1 month 6GB free. Only cost was $5 USD paid for shipping sim.

Give them a call or do setup thru phone BUT do not provide any cc info. Say you'll do AFTER testing for month. Suggest put in USA address else they will know using as tourist.

As backup there is Tmobile stores where hopefully can get sim for $10 and then get like $10/month 2GB mobile prepaid plan... pay cash so no cc on file or use prepaid cc.
May 21, 2013
45 posts
29 upvotes
London
Can confirm, I got my sim cards sent to a resort in NY (in early March), activated both of them on unlocked cells, and had blazing LTE for 2 weeks with zero issues. I still can't believe this worked, thanks a billion for the tip. I was so happy with it I kept my sim cards, I'll probably just use these when I travel to the US now. I have had nothing but coverage issues when I use T-Mobile.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3585 posts
583 upvotes
Mississauga
If I'm travelling to NYC the first weekend of April.
Is there any way I can get this working while in Canada or I have to find a way to get it activated while the SIM card is in the phone on AT&T network in US?
Nov 25, 2014
357 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What happens if you can't activate your SIM prior to March 31? Does the SIM become unusable or do you just not get the Free month?
😎 Public Mobile 12GB / $120 ---------> Koodo 6GB / $40 😎
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6737 posts
2503 upvotes
Calgary
wing0 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 9:27 pm
If I'm travelling to NYC the first weekend of April.
Is there any way I can get this working while in Canada or I have to find a way to get it activated while the SIM card is in the phone on AT&T network in US?
This is exactly what I am going to do. I have already ordered the sim and had it shipped to my US address though I won't be there until the 9th of April. I am going to have my friend open my package to get the unlock code. Will try to activate the sim while I am still in Canada. Based on what I found on Google, you just need to activate the sim with the code provided, they don't care where you are and I don't think they care which network you use for activation. I will find out on the 31st because my friend won't be home until then. If I can't activate it here I will have my friend do it there before it expires. I will try not to bother them because once they remove the sim from their phone they will also have to remove the APN and, sometimes, to reset the APN for their own network. If I could do it myself I will not put them through the extra steps.
CrazeeGhost wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 2:25 pm
What happens if you can't activate your SIM prior to March 31? Does the SIM become unusable or do you just not get the Free month?
That's a good question. I'd imagine a sim is a sim, you probably can still use it but very likely you will have to pay $30 to access the 6GB. Their customer service is pretty good at responding, you may want to contact them to confirm.
Mar 13, 2012
761 posts
373 upvotes
Near You
Fairly certain they will cut you off after 3 months of roaming.

I’d go with a Google Fi service instead.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerine (Free Daily Banking)EQ Bank
📞 Fido 15GB/65$ 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$