Health & Wellness

Had 3 wisdom teeth out about 3 weeks ago and now all teeth are cold sensitive?

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2019 3:39 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10724 posts
1870 upvotes
Toronto

Had 3 wisdom teeth out about 3 weeks ago and now all teeth are cold sensitive?

To start, yes I'm going to my dentist soon for a cleaning and will bring this issue up.

So I know this probably contributes to it and have switched to sensodyne temporarily, but about 3 weeks ago I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out. I must have been one of the lucky ones because I had almost 0 pain at all afterwards.

Anyways, since I had them removed pretty much all of my bottom teeth have become insanely cold sensitive even to things slightly cold.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It doesn't seem to be getting any better at all.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1092 posts
514 upvotes
Supposed to be not unusual for the adjacent teeth to become sensitive, but not "all" bottom teeth.

Here's a similar situation where the person found most of the top teeth became sensitive to cold and answer from a dentist:
https://www.mynewsmile.com/blog/tooth-s ... xtraction/

And another asking about pain in bottom from teeth after getting four wisdom teeth removed.
https://www.quora.com/Why-are-my-bottom ... th-removed
Answer #2 included this:
Hurting can be in various forms.
1. Teeth can become highly sensitive on taking cold food items or taking sweets - This can sometimes happen after the removal of wisdom teeth, should settle down soon. If not, use a sensitivity tooth paste. Better to contact a Periodontist to evaluate the periodontal status of your dentition, if the problem persists for long time.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34543 posts
20588 upvotes
Center of Universe
I had all four of mine removed and the molars are much more sensitive now a days.
Nov 5, 2018
281 posts
218 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: To start, yes I'm going to my dentist soon for a cleaning and will bring this issue up.

So I know this probably contributes to it and have switched to sensodyne temporarily, but about 3 weeks ago I had 3 wisdom teeth taken out. I must have been one of the lucky ones because I had almost 0 pain at all afterwards.

Anyways, since I had them removed pretty much all of my bottom teeth have become insanely cold sensitive even to things slightly cold.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? It doesn't seem to be getting any better at all.
Call your dentist and let them know.

I do remember after my surgery my jaw being more sensitive. It is a quite physical and traumatizing surgery. I remember my gums taking a very long time to close up tight.

All in all, even if your dentist gives you an answer, there's nothing you can do really. Patience is a virtue.