[OP]
Oct 6, 2017
43 posts
21 upvotes

Hair Transplant

Any good hair transplant place you guys can suggest in and around GTA?

Thanks!
13 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3352 posts
2038 upvotes
rfd911 wrote: Any good hair transplant place you guys can suggest in and around GTA?

Thanks!
Just shave it all and go naked.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2017
43 posts
21 upvotes
Did I ask whether I should shave it off or not? Please serious answers only. Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4428 posts
1064 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: Just shave it all and go naked.
Best thing I ever did .
Inappropriate Content/Behaviour (minor) (2 points)

Filed by Mars2012 on May 21, 2020

Expired — Expires in 90 days

Still in effect .
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4428 posts
1064 upvotes
rfd911 wrote: Did I ask whether I should shave it off or not? Please serious answers only. Thanks
https://www.canadianmanufacturing.com/w ... y-Dias.jpg

Contact Jerry Dias from Unifor . You can't even find pictures of him when he was bald . He will fix you up .

Still in effect .
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4428 posts
1064 upvotes
loopygum wrote: Did you go through the various stages of denial and coping first?

Starting with hat wearing. Then Rogaine. Then short buzzcuts. Then growing facial hair. And finally acceptance by going bald.

The problem is not everyone looks good with a bald head. It's easy for people to say "just shave it off". But then they might look really ugly in the aftermath compared to if they kept on coping with hat wearing.
I was never a hat guy . I did go through a short hair period it was the idea of my barber . Them went and used a trimmer with #2 attachment to get the buzz cut look . Now I'm pretty good with a razor . So I shave my head in less then 5 minutes . I have had a beard for a long time . Even if I could get a product that would grow my hair back no thanks . Just for the ease of gromming .

Still in effect .
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4428 posts
1064 upvotes
loopygum wrote: Isn't shaving higher maintenance than having longer hair?

Hair grows pretty fast. You probably need to shave every few days to maintain the all skin look. Otherwise hair stubble will show in a few days and if you are brunette then it will clearly mark the bald spot at that point.

With regular long hair of a non-bald person it's actually very forgiving. You can have uncut hair for weeks on end and not make a noticeable difference to your appearance because you can pat your hair down and so on.

I would imagine needing to maintain a bald appearance requires more everyday work than having a haircut once a month or maybe longer.

Regarding facial hair, do you leave it longer than before following the full bald decision? I've seen cases where people cope by growing full beards instead. Whereas they may have had the 5-oclock shadow look back when they had hair.
After a few shaves with regular razor it takes about 5 minutes or less . There is a company called headblades makes razors specific for shaving heads . it looks like you could get it done quicker . I do my head every 3 days before it gets to long and harder to shave . I have a long goatee about 5 inches long . I'm growing it out to braid eventually to keep it neat . If you have sensitive skin you may need some sort of lotion after shaving .

Still in effect .
[OP]
Oct 6, 2017
43 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks for hijacking the thread guys.
Apr 16, 2011
858 posts
425 upvotes
OP, while I don't personally know an amazing hair transplant surgeon in the GTA. I would head over to reddit and ask in r/Tressless or r/hairloss you could also go into r/askTO people in those forums will have more information and can help you further. What ever you do, I wish you the best and I hope you find what you are looking for.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9068 posts
3934 upvotes
Toronto
i've heard the RFD way is to travel to Turkey or India and get it done there. much cheaper, and more experienced than any of the overpriced guys in canada, and you can also make a vacationing trip out of it also
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21371 posts
2613 upvotes
Toronto
make sure to shave upstairs & downstairs - the ladies love matching smooth carpet & drapes!
ManCaveGamer wrote: i've heard the RFD way is to travel to Turkey or India and get it done there. much cheaper, and more experienced than any of the overpriced guys in canada, and you can also make a vacationing trip out of it also
This - on a more serious note, I have a colleague that does this. Goes to India (well he is Indian) & got his hair transplant done there. It actually looks good and he goes every couple of years for touch-ups.

The only thing I notice is that he has major dandruff the first few weeks when he gets back. Most likely due to his scalp acclimatizing to the transplant.

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3352 posts
2038 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: make sure to shave upstairs & downstairs - the ladies love matching smooth carpet & drapes!

This - on a more serious note, I have a colleague that does this. Goes to India (well he is Indian) & got his hair transplant done there. It actually looks good and he goes every couple of years for touch-ups.

The only thing I notice is that he has major dandruff the first few weeks when he gets back. Most likely due to his scalp acclimatizing to the transplant.
wow is it that cheap and does it really work? it is just slowing down the balding process.
Apr 16, 2011
858 posts
425 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: wow is it that cheap and does it really work? it is just slowing down the balding process.
The reality of hair transplants is that your doctor will make you take propecia for the rest of your life after you get the hair transplant. If you don't use this drug eventually what you still have on your head will fall out. There is only so many transplants you can do before you run out of proper donor areas. If you choose not to use propecia then you are basically throwing away the thousands you spent on the transplant anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5524 posts
3825 upvotes
rfd911 wrote: Did I ask whether I should shave it off or not? Please serious answers only. Thanks
hey, Bro, calm down, it was just a good suggestion you got there.... you take it or leave it" I am sure he was serious posting this good advice