• Mar 9th, 2009 9:32 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 10, 2007
92 posts

Hakka chinese and veggie biryani

Hey Guys,

Please suggest some good place for Indian hakka chinese and also some place to have a nice Veggie biryani ?

Thanks
12 replies
Nov 23, 2005
17 posts
wow..some ppl have issues. No need to be an ass, just say "do a search on it". Sorry some ppl have lives and don't go on here as much as other ppl do.

But to answer the OP's question, there's a bunch in scarborough. Not really sure about veggie biryani but a good Hakka place is Royal Chinese Seafood Restaurant on Midland/McNicoll.

But if you google "chinese Hakka Toronto", it'll give you some listings and websites where ppl posted reviews.

Hope this helps.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12217 posts
126 upvotes
amalhi wrote: Thanks for your help but i was looking for some details on Veggie Biryani too, in case you havent noticed....
search for Biryani. Most places can make it veg.

done and done.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11844 posts
2379 upvotes
Lin Garden near the airport now has much more Indian items for their buffet now. Not sure if veggie biryani is one of the items, but I guess you can always order from the menu rather than buffet.
Jun 27, 2008
99 posts
Toronto
Tangerine in Milliken is sweet, the've got another location in Whitby, never been there.
Jun 4, 2006
577 posts
202 upvotes
GTA
GeNoZiDe wrote: wow..some ppl have issues. No need to be an ass, just say "do a search on it". Sorry some ppl have lives and don't go on here as much as other ppl do.

But to answer the OP's question, there's a bunch in scarborough. Not really sure about veggie biryani but a good Hakka place is Royal Chinese Seafood Restaurant on Midland/McNicoll.

But if you google "chinese Hakka Toronto", it'll give you some listings and websites where ppl posted reviews.

Hope this helps.
My issue is with lazy people, amalhi has roughly the same amount of posts as I do, and I don't frequent this site that much either yet I'm aware of not making duplicate posts.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but Nutta is right, most places biriyani joints have veggie listed on the menu.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2002
1079 posts
Veggie biryani? What do they put in it? Most vegetables would turn mushy by the time the rice is cooked. Unless that's the way you like your veggies. For crispy and fresh vegetables, pullao would be a better option. I recommend a Greek place for freshness and colour. Indian pullaos are all uniformly brown and colourless and far too spicy.
Apr 24, 2007
482 posts
9 upvotes
There's an Hakka indian restaurant in a plaza near highway 401 and kennedy road if you are in the GTA. but i forgot the name of it
for specifics its on: 7 Progress Avenue, Unit #3(i think) Scarborough
Deal Addict
May 31, 2002
1079 posts
dimlight wrote: There's an Hakka indian restaurant in a plaza near highway 401 and kennedy road if you are in the GTA. but i forgot the name of it
for specifics its on: 7 Progress Avenue, Unit #3(i think) Scarborough
Hot Wok? It's got quite good reviews... http://www.goodspot.ca/profile/1198/Hot_Wok

I did take-out once. Chilli chicken was over-dry, as in meat wasn't juicy, and looked a bit old. Won't complain about price, though.