Food & Drink

Halal Chicken Cheaper than Regular Chicken.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 3:05 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
I was told by someone working the meat section at RCSS that halal has lower grade meat hence why the price is cheaper.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2779 posts
1134 upvotes
Winnipeg
poleman wrote: I dont care whether its Halal or not, i really just care about the price.
No, the Halal was not on sale, in fact I don't ever recall seeing it listed in the flyer.
there could be many (unknown) business-related reasons which have nothing to do with religious practices. we wont know unless someone from the industry throws some light.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Fraser River Rat wrote: Hi,

I'm not a muslim but I have also bought halal chicken when it was cheaper than regular chicken. I have been harassed by muslims that were totally against me buying meat that was meant for them. Didn't believe me when I told him that the only thing "halal" about the chicken were the words on the packaging, I was in a Real Canadian Superstore after all.

wtf really?? thats crazy. never heard of that. what did they say? could it be they were just curious why u buying it? or it was actually hostile harrassment? there is definitely no shortage of supply so why would anyone care who is buying what. I have an Asian colleague who always buys halal because meat with drained blood is good for some reason.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)