• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2021 4:21 pm
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
186 posts
27 upvotes
EAST YORK

Half Attached bathroom Cost

Hi, I have to make half attached bath in my room. Is 33" x 48" enough for half bath and possible with these dimension OR 36" x 48" will enough? . How much will be the approx. cost. I will have to cut the wall for the bath door and we have space 33"/36" x 48" outside in laundry room and will have to built wood wall outside to make the bath.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3522 posts
2518 upvotes
Toronto
$1,000,000 or $1,000 depending on how much of the work you do yourself, and your choice of finishes.

30" wide is enough for a toilet by code if I recall and with a small sink there should be enough clearance in front of the toilet.

Is the wall structural? Holding anything up? Plans to vent the bathroom with a fan?

The only people who can answer your questions are the people you would hire to do the job. So find some reputable contractors and get quotes.
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
186 posts
27 upvotes
EAST YORK
torontotim wrote: $1,000,000 or $1,000 depending on how much of the work you do yourself, and your choice of finishes.

30" wide is enough for a toilet by code if I recall and with a small sink there should be enough clearance in front of the toilet.

Is the wall structural? Holding anything up? Plans to vent the bathroom with a fan?

The only people who can answer your questions are the people you would hire to do the job. So find some reputable contractors and get quotes.
Is the wall structural? YES
Plans to vent the bathroom with a fan? YES
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
5558 posts
1756 upvotes
shakilhyd wrote: Hi, I have to make half attached bath in my room. Is 33" x 48" enough for half bath and possible with these dimension OR 36" x 48" will enough? . How much will be the approx. cost. I will have to cut the wall for the bath door and we have space 33"/36" x 48" outside in laundry room and will have to built wood wall outside to make the bath.
Build a wood wall outside where? On the outside of your house? Are you using part of the laundry room for the bathroom?

Google "smallest powder room size" and you'll see some different layouts and dimensions.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
186 posts
27 upvotes
EAST YORK
Toukolou wrote: Build a wood wall outside where? On the outside of your house? Are you using part of the laundry room for the bathroom?

Google "smallest powder room size" and you'll see some different layouts and dimensions.
Hi,

Are you using part of the laundry room for the bathroom? YES, You are correct. I will be using space of laundry room.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3522 posts
2518 upvotes
Toronto
Find a few contractors and get quotes. Figure $10K-$20K.