• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2016 6:46 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes

Halton Region schoolkids get extra vacation day due to teacher PA

"Halton Region schoolkids get extra vacation day due to teacher PA

For most students in the Greater Toronto Area it's back to school Tuesday, except for the thousands of lucky kids in Halton Region, who will get to enjoy an extra day of summer break because their teachers are taking a professional activity day."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/h ... -1.3747250

First day back at school after 2 months off and it's a teacher's PA day therefore, no school for students on what should technically be the first day or school. Have both the province and the parents lost control of the schooling system? Was an extra day of no school after 2 months off really necessary?
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
1 reply
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1622 posts
1206 upvotes
Ripley
I would rather have all of the PA Days at the beginning /end of the year. Not near as disruptive as having a PA Day and then a holiday the next week. I realize some PA Days are used to prepare report cards but I think most could be better thought out.

FYI - more parents need to get involved in their school's parent council. This would have come up during last year's planning and they would have had a say. If parents have "lost control" of their say in their child's education it is their own fault. My son's school has 600 students and 4 parents come to the parent council meetings.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)