• Jul 10th, 2020 11:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2453 posts
737 upvotes
GTA

Hand protection from Covid in Winter?

So if this continues during the winter, what will you do to protect your hands - can't apply hand sanitizer to winter gloves and how many pairs of what type will we need to be able to wash them every time we touch something outside our homes? Any ideas?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11090 posts
4338 upvotes
Honestly....there's no way to remain completely sanitized, or even nearly sanitized. The best option is to take the necessary steps - masks, clean hands...etc. Ensure you also have a healthy diet, exercise and take your vitamins, this will boost your immune system which will help to prevent infection. Many people are underestimating this step.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6686 posts
1420 upvotes
I wouldn’t wash my winter gloves every time I use them. I might wash them 1-2 times a season.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1404 posts
1645 upvotes
GTA
I'll probably leave the gloves in the garage (coats and shoes will still come in though because no one wants to wear a cold shoe and coat) and wash my hands after taking them off. It should be fairly easy to take the gloves off without cross contamination, but putting them on before you leave the house might be more of an issue though...
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1529 posts
641 upvotes
Vancouver
my winter gloves are water prof as they are meant for snowboarding so I can easily wash them. Also have those Mini UV lights I can use on the gloves.