• Feb 23rd, 2021 6:44 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 24, 2013
66 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto

hand soap?

anybody know where to buy hand soap. seems everywhere is out of stock. just need refill bottles at home...
11 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18653 posts
6709 upvotes
Toronto
Try Walmart online or in store. Also check Dollarama.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2340 posts
3164 upvotes
Hit up smaller local grocers (like ethnic ones) to find items like this.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4575 upvotes
Alberta
People are now hoarding soap? Have you tried Costco?
Jan 17, 2013
679 posts
265 upvotes
When all fails, a simple bath soap can do the job of hand soap.

Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15491 posts
12693 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
jackrabbit000 wrote: People are now hoarding soap? Have you tried Costco?
This

Lots of different soap options on Costco.ca
And NO Membership required
Nov 22, 2010
741 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
I've found some recently at a low volume SDM.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2681 posts
641 upvotes
Whitby
If you have an empty foaming soap container, just fill 1 part dish soap to 4 parts water. Works the same.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1749 posts
541 upvotes
Edmonton
Kurogashi wrote: anybody know where to buy hand soap. seems everywhere is out of stock. just need refill bottles at home...
Hand soap is relatively easy to find, given you go in store early in the morning just to be safe. Just a limited selection at a time though, since it clears out fast and not all brands are restocked as fast. There indeed is a high demand for hand soap, but there's not a shortage by any means.

I went to Real Canadian Superstore a few days ago. Even though they only had a few options of hand soaps left, there was an unwrapped pallet that still needed to be emptied out and stocked.... Found tons of soap brand boxes there.

I haven't seen any of the huge refill containers back in stock, so you might have to buy the smaller 200-300ml sized ones...
raymondly wrote: If you have an empty foaming soap container, just fill 1 part dish soap to 4 parts water. Works the same.
Hardly the same thing... Don't do this unless you want severely dried hands. Hand soap is surfactants plus moisturizers. I can understand body soap or facial cleansers, but please don't use dish soap...
Dec 25, 2020
4 posts
Dial smells nice, does not leave your hands dry, and will last anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month, depending on how many people are using it, and how often. I used it in my master bathroom, and it was just me using it, and it lasted the better part of a month (3+ weeks). If you can get your hands on some, it is worth the pickup.