• Dec 14th, 2019 8:26 am
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
683 posts
27 upvotes
Courtice

Hanging a mirror

I want to hang a mirror using a wire. The mirror is 27 lbs and is supposed to be attached using 2 screws in the wall. Because of electrical wires in my wall I can't place the mirror where I want it. If you look at the image I attached, does anyone know if there is something that can go in those 2 holes allowing me to hang the mirror by a wire?

6 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14051 posts
8472 upvotes
Toronto
Put in drywall plugs and then screw it in.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6515 posts
2071 upvotes
GTA

If that bracket is solid feed wire through crimp -through hole-back into crimp piece....squeeze crimp down on wire. Not really sure what that bracket is or if its attached to mirror frame.

In past with metal frame mirror I have drilled a 3/16 hole just above the keyhole slot, fed wire through hole and out keyhole. Wind wire around itself or use crimp.
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
683 posts
27 upvotes
Courtice
koffey wrote: Put in drywall plugs and then screw it in.
I can't as there are electrical wires in the location it would need to hang. Thanks though.
[OP]
Sep 11, 2008
683 posts
27 upvotes
Courtice
Zamboni wrote: Image

If that bracket is solid feed wire through crimp -through hole-back into crimp piece....squeeze crimp down on wire. Not really sure what that bracket is or if its attached to mirror frame.

In past with metal frame mirror I have drilled a 3/16 hole just above the keyhole slot, fed wire through hole and out keyhole. Wind wire around itself or use crimp.
Thank you very much. This will work.
Dec 8, 2009
30 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
Why are there electrical wires secured behind drywall?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3681 posts
2513 upvotes
GTA
onepixel wrote: I can't as there are electrical wires in the location it would need to hang. Thanks though.
With this thinking, you wouldn't be able to hang anything on the wall. Just look up Paulin strap togglers on Home Depot website. You will not damage your "wires" ;-) , and they can hold crazy amount of load in drywall only.