None
[OP]
Dec 7, 2008
116 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto

This happens - what do you do?

Looking out front window

See trashy guy with trashy dogs (one pit bull no muzzle) from trashy rental building close by letting his dogs take a crap on your front lawn

You say/do....? (Keeping in mind he's probably a career small time criminal and has no ability to pick up the crap anyway).

Tell him off?
Pick up the crap and throw it at him?
Nothing
Other?
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6110 posts
1096 upvotes
Mississauga
In real case, my wife walked out and said, wait.........then asked them to pick up the dog's crap, they said they had nothing to put it, so she said to wait and she would get something. She got a small bag and a putty knife and paper towels, then watched the person collect the dog waste. We never said the person walk by our house again. Mind you, we don't live in a bad neighbourhood and my wife has no problems taking care of herself, so she said she sounded assertive. I wasn't there but when you've been married for 30 years I could have envisioned it.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12337 posts
1198 upvotes
Brampton
Tell them to PICK THAT CRAP UP OR ELSE YOU WILL BE GETTING THE HELLS ANGELS MOTOR CYCLE GANG AFTER THEM!
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13628 posts
2392 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Learn to choose your battles in life. Do u want to risk losing an arm (or whatever) over this?

Personally, I've confronted people outside my house over a variety of issues. Not sure if it was the smart thing to do... One suspicious guy showed me a knife in his sleeve. One guy got shot dead by the cops an hr later. One guy on xmas eve said he was coming back to vandalize my car.
Jan 8, 2016
58 posts
10 upvotes
Markham, ON
Becks wrote: Learn to choose your battles in life. Do u want to risk losing an arm (or whatever) over this?

Personally, I've confronted people outside my house over a variety of issues. Not sure if it was the smart thing to do... One suspicious guy showed me a knife in his sleeve. One guy got shot dead by the cops an hr later. One guy on xmas eve said he was coming back to vandalize my car.
Couldn't agree more. You can't control everyone around you for the rest of your life.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7507 posts
754 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote: Learn to choose your battles in life. Do u want to risk losing an arm (or whatever) over this?

#winning #streetjustice
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16885 posts
7174 upvotes

This is what most people should be afraid of - if you confront someone in front of your house they know where you live and you know nothing about them. While it would be great if we could all put our differences aside and do the right thing, that's clearly not on the mind of the individual who is going to walk away from the dog crap their dog put on your lawn. So confronting them is much riskier then just picking up the poop yourself.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
935 upvotes
Newmarket
robbieD wrote:
Tell him off?
Pick up the crap and throw it at him?
Nothing
Other?
That what is wrong with the society today, first reaction is to throw s.hit and scream.
How first trying to talk and explain the problem, try it one day, it often works better than throwing s.hit.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7481 posts
4769 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I always bring bags for poop when walking the dogs, but I must admit I've been in the embarrassing situation of running out of bags before (my one little Jack Russell took 14 poops on a jog one day lol). Luckily for me the dogs prefer to go in really out of the way places (where nobody is ever likely to step on it) such as in the bush. I would hate to be in the situation of running out of bags and the dog poops on someone's lawn. I'd feel terrible.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6796 posts
2348 upvotes
GTA
Homerhomer wrote: That what is wrong with the society today, first reaction is to throw s.hit and scream.
How first trying to talk and explain the problem, try it one day, it often works better than throwing s.hit.
LOL, you really think the dog owner needs an explanation-that he doesn't know the homeowners family doesn't want to step in dog crap?

OP, better off to talk to the dog if you go this route.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14926 posts
9332 upvotes
Toronto
Pick up the poop, follow the person to their home. Knock on the door and when they answer, hand them the bag of crap explaining to them that they left this on your lawn.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
1814 posts
657 upvotes
Elgin, ON
I'm not a fan of confronting trashy looking people. I'd grumble, then go pick it up myself.

Best case scenario: They pick up the poop, and I never see them again.
Worst case scenario: They retaliate
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1504 posts
612 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I've had numerous situations where I've gone after people for throwing garbage on my lawn. However, in this case, as someone said, pick your battles. I'd let this one go and just pick it up yourself.
Aug 20, 2005
99 posts
5 upvotes
Hamilton
About 10 houses down my street, there's a house that I walk by where there are massive droppings on the small front lawn area (which is cemented). I'm assuming it is their own dog that they let out to do it's massive unloading on their property, unless every single bad dog owner is targeting their property. Last week I passed by and saw approximately nice sized 10-15 piles. And walking home yesterday just after school was let out - who knew, the woman walking in front of me with her two young children walked straight into that house. Wow, I guess people really do not care.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13628 posts
2392 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Dog poop problems will never end until u implement a plan of prevention, like a barrier (fence) or thorny bush.

People in Toronto seem to be pretty good about picking up dog poop. In Vancouver, the problem is really bad. And there are pitbulls everywhere here, too, ha ha.
Jan 31, 2016
740 posts
417 upvotes
Kawartha Lakes
"hey, do you need a bag to pick that up? I can get you one if so"

If he goes mental, turn around walk away. Not worth it
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10015 posts
9724 upvotes
Markham
Ya let's tell OP to ask a small-time con with his pitbull to pick up after himself. That's a great idea.

Best case scenario, the small-time con from social housing will pick up the dog poop.

Worse case scenario, get robbed and stabbed.

Totally worth it.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2542 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto

Exactly.
Move into the middle of nowhere you don't want trashy people around your property.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2008
116 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Next day: same size sh!t in the same spot! I'm furious! But as many of you noted, there is literally no point engaging with these types of people. They literally have nothing to lose.