• Jul 5th, 2020 11:32 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41271 posts
6435 upvotes

Happy 4th of July

Wishing fellow RFDers who have moved to the US or fellow American RFD members who have moved to Canada a Happy 4th of July!

Thought this song might seem fitting too

Proud to be an Indian.
Jan 9, 2011
8996 posts
10418 upvotes
Vancouver
On one July 4th, I wished an American a happy Independence Day. He looked surprised, and then thanked me for using the actual name of the holiday. He said that it always irked him that the majority of Americans just call it the 4th of July, which detracts from the meaning of the day.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
6630 posts
947 upvotes
Ottawa
Kiraly wrote: On one July 4th, I wished an American a happy Independence Day. He looked surprised, and then thanked me for using the actual name of the holiday. He said that it always irked him that the majority of Americans just call it the 4th of July, which detracts from the meaning of the day.
To be fair, how many Canadians knew the name of the holiday before the movie came out? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5738 posts
5888 upvotes
Toronto
Don't forget RFDers who have always been in Canada who also happen to be American.
A glass of wine with you, sir, and the ladies I'll enjoy.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.