Food & Drink

Happy Hour Dim Sum in Mississauga?

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2012 12:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2008
4456 posts
1378 upvotes
West Side GTA

Happy Hour Dim Sum in Mississauga?

I know there are more and better places in markham/richmond hill but i'm out west and don't really want to drive 40mins for dim sum lol.

So for us dim sum fans out there like myself on the west end, when/where are the happy hrs so i may partake in some yummy delights in mississauga?

I know happy garden (eglington and creditview) is after 1:30.

What about...

Sam Woo @ Eglington and Huronontario
Emerald @ Mavis and Eglington

I know there's a bunch of small restaurants by Burnhamthorpe and Creditview.

others?
18 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2006
3408 posts
43 upvotes
London
Happy Jade @ Dundas and Dixie. Across from Imperial buffet.

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2008
4456 posts
1378 upvotes
West Side GTA
what times does the happy jade happy hr start up?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2006
3408 posts
43 upvotes
London
-=phelan=- wrote: what times does the happy jade happy hr start up?
after 130pm on weekdays and 2pm on weekends :)

Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2006
1385 posts
116 upvotes
GTA
Samwoo's happy hour starts at 9:00am weekdays.
Regular price is just during lunch hours (11:30 - 1:30 ?) ...
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2005
1593 posts
50 upvotes
evanx: is Happy Jade still good? I used to go years ago, when I was in high school, but haven't been in 2-3 years.

Cheers,

J.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2006
3408 posts
43 upvotes
London
Ma_Jie wrote: evanx: is Happy Jade still good? I used to go years ago, when I was in high school, but haven't been in 2-3 years.

Cheers,

J.
It's not amazing but it's pretty consistent and decent.

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 21, 2008
4456 posts
1378 upvotes
West Side GTA
any others in the west end that have happy hr?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Anywhere in Mississauga serving Dim Sum late in the day? Like NOW??? :cheesygri Totally craving some!!

Update...Sam Woo 345pm, SunSun 4pm

Anyone else??
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2008
1012 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
Newbie question here,

would happy hour dim sum mean discount alcoholic drinks + foods?
Must Read Books!

Dale Carneigie's How to win Friends & Influence People, Seth Godin's Purple Cow, Sun Tze's Art of War, Nicolo Machiavelli's The Prince, Charles Darwin's The Orgin of Species, Scott Fitzgerald's Great Gatsby, Tom Wolfe's A Man in Full, Joshua Ferris' Then We Came to the End and Eugene Kelly's Chasing Daylight.
Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2006
410 posts
56 upvotes
Tremendous?
on wolfedale i believe....
i forget when happy hour is though....
they're open very late on weekends but not sure about weekdays....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6139 posts
1972 upvotes
Mississauga
i would avoid "happy garden" if i was you...

i use to feel this place was decent...

until my most recent visit about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday...

the food quality was horrible....maybe they had a changeover in kitchen staff...

siu mai...one of the worst quality i had in a long long time...just tasted bad...pork meat tasted sandy...siu mai is my favourite so i have higher toleration for this...so this was pretty awful...

squid in shrimp sauce....salty as hell...might as well just feed me some salt alone...

tripe...funky taste...

can't remember what else...but lost my appetite after a few dishes...

i'm not that picky in terms of dim sumy quality but this place has really gone downhill...

i boycott this place.
-=phelan=- wrote: I know there are more and better places in markham/richmond hill but i'm out west and don't really want to drive 40mins for dim sum lol.

So for us dim sum fans out there like myself on the west end, when/where are the happy hrs so i may partake in some yummy delights in mississauga?

I know happy garden (eglington and creditview) is after 1:30.

What about...

Sam Woo @ Eglington and Huronontario
Emerald @ Mavis and Eglington

I know there's a bunch of small restaurants by Burnhamthorpe and Creditview.

others?
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 9, 2009
17 posts
Etobicoke
Rodstarrr wrote: Tremendous?
on wolfedale i believe....
i forget when happy hour is though....
they're open very late on weekends but not sure about weekdays....
Tremendous has happy hour during the day and they are open quite late. Their service is kind of crappy but they make up for it with the food.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2637 posts
171 upvotes
I suggest people avoid Tremendous during happy hour. They SUCK during that time as the place is packed to the nines and you will never get food if they are doing push carts. Crappy service, crappy everything.

Now if you went when they stop doing push carts and its pick and choose or late night, they open till 4 AM, then its much better. You are at least guaranteed to get what you want.

I know of one place inside the Chinese center that offers AYCE only on Tuesday/Wednesdays. I am not sure how it is as I haven't had time to try but its only 12.99 so people can try if they want. I believe its called Sun Sun.

I like Jade. The place is small and hidden so its less busy especially if you go early. Food is decent.

If you have the money, you can head up to Emeralds on Hurontario/Eglington.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
21083 posts
5743 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
danman227460 wrote: I suggest people avoid Tremendous during happy hour. They SUCK during that time as the place is packed to the nines and you will never get food if they are doing push carts. Crappy service, crappy everything.

Now if you went when they stop doing push carts and its pick and choose or late night, they open till 4 AM, then its much better. You are at least guaranteed to get what you want.
Thanks for the insight, good to know.
danman227460 wrote: I know of one place inside the Chinese center that offers AYCE only on Tuesday/Wednesdays. I am not sure how it is as I haven't had time to try but its only 12.99 so people can try if they want. I believe its called Sun Sun.
I looked it up and Sun Sun is at 888 Dundas Street East, Mississauga. May check it out sooner or later. Thanks.
- casual gastronomist -
Newbie
Jan 17, 2010
6 posts
:razz:
Summit Garden (Winston Churchill and Dundas)
Perfect Kitchen ( Laird Road and Dundas) close to Costco and Movie Theatre vega blvd.

two locations for dimsum places....
Penalty Box
Oct 26, 2007
897 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Jucius Maximus wrote: Thanks for the insight, good to know.



I looked it up and Sun Sun is at 888 Dundas Street East, Mississauga. May check it out sooner or later. Thanks.
I've tried the AYCE dim sum at SUN SUN, not bad, if you want to see really white haired old asian women doing the push cart thing then this is the place to go, food is good and service is good, but that mural on the wall was a bit tacky
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
10909 posts
5851 upvotes
Toronto
3weddings wrote: Anywhere in Mississauga serving Dim Sum late in the day? Like NOW??? :cheesygri Totally craving some!!

Update...Sam Woo 345pm, SunSun 4pm

Anyone else??

Isn't Happy Hour after 2:30pm on the week-ends at Sam Woo, where everything is the same price, no matter how big the

but the service is left to be desired.. they always make fun of the customers or be just plain rude - only the regular customers get treated with respect... I'm surprised they lasted this long.. their BBQ is quite good mind you...
Newbie
Oct 22, 2007
43 posts
8 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Any updates on dim sum in Mississauga? Hope to go in a few weeks.

Top