• Jan 17th, 2023 8:50 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2001
757 posts
241 upvotes
Montreal

Hard hit from Intuit for what??!!!

Hello folks
Going through my Equifax report, I noticed a hard hit from Intuit Inc a couple of months ago

DATE MEMBER NUMBER MEMBER NAME PHONE MAY AFFECT SCORES
2021/11/03 400ZS54905 INTUIT INC. 800-829-8608 Yes

I have a quickbooks online subscription for my company... That's the only product from Intuit that I'm using.
Why would there be a hard hit??!!!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3097 posts
2264 upvotes
Did you consent to a credit check (might have been buried in T&Cs that you might have recently accepted) a couple months ago?

You can file a dispute with Equifax and say it’s unauthorized. Hopefully they’ll delete the inquiry.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2001
757 posts
241 upvotes
Montreal
DeletedMemories wrote: so what happened when you called that number?
I haven't called yet. I'm calling today and will update the post
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Did you consent to a credit check (might have been buried in T&Cs that you might have recently accepted) a couple months ago?

You can file a dispute with Equifax and say it’s unauthorized. Hopefully they’ll delete the inquiry.
I subscribed to Quickbooks online in November 2021. I didn't receive any updated T&C recently.
Why would they be doing a credit check for a 20 months dollars subscription paid by cc anyway?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
2579 posts
1599 upvotes
Kelowna
Dark wrote: Hello folks
Going through my Equifax report, I noticed a hard hit from Intuit Inc a couple of months ago

DATE MEMBER NUMBER MEMBER NAME PHONE MAY AFFECT SCORES
2021/11/03 400ZS54905 INTUIT INC. 800-829-8608 Yes

I have a quickbooks online subscription for my company... That's the only product from Intuit that I'm using.
Why would there be a hard hit??!!!
Could be an identity verification check, or perhaps it's a credit check to see whether you are creditworthy to extend you an online subscription, with the ability to pay in arrears, as well as in advance. It's similar to a lease, albeit on much smaller terms in terms of dollar value. Check Intuit Quickbooks Online's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, and related agreements. Alternatively, your best bet would be to contact Intuit at the toll-free number stated on your Equifax consumer disclosure, and quote that date of check and reference number beginning in 4 and ending in 5.

Cheers,
Doug
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
2579 posts
1599 upvotes
Kelowna
Dark wrote: I haven't called yet. I'm calling today and will update the post
To be honest, you should've called there first before asking in RFD. :)
I subscribed to Quickbooks online in November 2021. I didn't receive any updated T&C recently.
Why would they be doing a credit check for a 20 months dollars subscription paid by cc anyway?
I agree it's small in dollar value terms, but your online subscription is an agreement to pay a full year's subscription on a monthly basis.

Credit checks don't affect your score for more than a month, maybe two, so trying to dispute it to get a line item check removed would have zero positive effect on your credit score.

It may be worth disputing if you want them to try and stop the practice, but until we've heard back from Intuit (you need to call them), we can't express any opinions.

Cheers,
Doug