Hardtop Gazebo under $1k

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 1:28 pm
Tags:
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes

Hardtop Gazebo under $1k

Looking for something 10x10 with a hardtop roof for under $1,000. Despite Lowe’s and HD claiming sales on outdoor furniture I don’t see anything in this price range. Anyone come across any deals?
19 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
callmebob wrote: Looking for something 10x10 with a hardtop roof for under $1,000. Despite Lowe’s and HD claiming sales on outdoor furniture I don’t see anything in this price range. Anyone come across any deals?
I sealrched for my parents a few years back and they ended up at Rona for 1500. Maybe if you want a smaller size you can hit 1k but I expect not this time of year. I think we were even late in October as I remember it being cold when it went up.
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes
Jerico wrote: I sealrched for my parents a few years back and they ended up at Rona for 1500. Maybe if you want a smaller size you can hit 1k but I expect not this time of year. I think we were even late in October as I remember it being cold when it went up.
Was this aluminium? I have found a couple at the $1k range for powder coated steel, just not sure how long they will last before they discolour or rust begins to develop.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2625 posts
1620 upvotes
Alliston, ON
I bought the 10 x 12 Hard Top Gazebo from Canadian Tire last fall. It regularly goes on sale for $999. It survived the winter and 2 100km wind storms this spring
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
schade wrote: I bought the 10 x 12 Hard Top Gazebo from Canadian Tire last fall. It regularly goes on sale for $999. It survived the winter and 2 100km wind storms this spring
This.

We have a Cdn Tire “Essex” Gazebo (10 x 12)
Believe this is its 6th or 7th Summer
Powder Coated Steel (metal roof)
It’s a workhorse... has seen some incredible weather
High Heat, Deep Freeze, Winds, Ice, Snow, Hail
Stands up great
The colour faded slightly over time
But it still looks great

Don’t buy a Gazebo with Canvas or Acrylic Roofing
Canvas Rots & Tears
Acrylic Cracks... or busts to rat crap when hail comes
Both are expensive and hard to get replacements for

We would buy the same again...
Although probably the bigger size (12 x 14)
Or maybe the huge wood ones they have at Costco
(Although they don’t come with Drapes or Bug Screens)

Newer ones on the market now tend to have built in gutters
Wish ours had these
That’s the one flaw in design in many gazebos
Rain just pours off vs draining away

Watch for sales... regular pricing tends to be $ 1200 to $ 2000 for most good ones
Sales can see them go for under $ 1000 to $ 1500
Costco has Cashback for Exec Members
And Cdn Tire Triangle Rewards Offers Points Bonuses = CT Money / Cashback
Buy on sale, and stack your savings
Aug 25, 2006
289 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
schade wrote: I bought the 10 x 12 Hard Top Gazebo from Canadian Tire last fall. It regularly goes on sale for $999. It survived the winter and 2 100km wind storms this spring
This. Bought one couple years back and still looks great. Survived huge dumps of snow, fierce gta windstorms, etc no problems. Very sturdy and well built.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Have the same one, Essex 10x12, but the paint on the top is pretty well much done. Had it 4 years now.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
RE - Cdn Tire Metal Gazebos

Should add that the Essex (10 x 12), and perhaps some others they make have zippered shade curtains & bug screens available (unlike some of the Costco wood gazebos)... BUT they cost extra / are not included

Some folks complain about this

I think it an ok thing ... cause it makes it easy to replace these items when the time comes

Our Gazebo is on its 6th or 7th Summer, and we still use the original curtains & screens
Just now beginning to show some wear
The sun shades are faded (streaked) from the sun
And the bug screens have a few spots that could use some repairs / replacement

We put the shades & screens up in the early spring, and take them down late autumn
We store them in garbage bags in our house over the winter
Outside anywhere, and you’d be running the risk or rodents getting into them

The Essex has a venting open roof feature
To keep the bugs out, we covered the hole on the inside with screen mesh, held in place with super magnets
That stays in place year round
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
callmebob wrote: I ended up buying this. On clearance in store for $598 which was the cheapest hardtop gazebo I could find even in the powder coated steel category. Hoping this will last as long as the Essex some of you have.
In store is $598?!? Which location
hated on but respected.
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes
Its $798 online but when I clicked buy in store it showed it at $598 on clearance limited stock at all the locations near me (this was in Oakville, ON). It shows out of stock now but frankly I’d be surprised if they were sold out at all locations. I’d recommend going to a store in person and taking a look. They also weren’t clearly marked as reduced until they ran it at the checkout line so I doubt many would’ve known these were marked down. Getting mine installed tomorrow. Good luck!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
callmebob wrote: Its $798 online but when I clicked buy in store it showed it at $598 on clearance limited stock at all the locations near me (this was in Oakville, ON). It shows out of stock now but frankly I’d be surprised if they were sold out at all locations. I’d recommend going to a store in person and taking a look. They also weren’t clearly marked as reduced until they ran it at the checkout line so I doubt many would’ve known these were marked down. Getting mine installed tomorrow. Good luck!

Thanks man. Just called them. Out of stock :(
hated on but respected.
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Thanks man. Just called them. Out of stock :(
If you’re motivated enough, go to a store and take a look for yourself. The first time I checked online it said limited stock. I went to be store the next day and they had three available. I checked again later that evening and it said out of stock. When I went to the store there were still three available. Call a couple more close to you and give it a shot.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4657 posts
1385 upvotes
Guelph, ON
We have a retractable awning, came with 10 years parts and labour warranty and will last the 20+ years well be at our house. The only way to go imo.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6256 upvotes
There is this one at Walmart for $1099 but doesn't have venting, is that really needed?
Mar 13, 2006
114 posts
85 upvotes
Canadian tire currently has the aforementioned Essex on for $999 (down from $1299) until July 12.
Oct 27, 2012
406 posts
396 upvotes
Shwa
callmebob wrote: I ended up buying this. On clearance in store for $598 which was the cheapest hardtop gazebo I could find even in the powder coated steel category. Hoping this will last as long as the Essex some of you have.
i bought the 8x8 version about 4 years ago (my deck at the time was only 8ft long) and its held up fine. Just a little rust where the screws go in. I got it for $300 at the end of the summer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)