19 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

Tumi ($212 or $330) - Harry Rosen

Retailer:
Harry Rosen
https://www.harryrosen.com/en/product/t ... e-20053186

https://www.harryrosen.com/en/product/t ... e-20053187

Boxing day 25% off, THANKYOU10 for another 10% off.

First one comes to 212 after tax, with the other one being about 330 (depending on province). Models seem pretty similar.

Any one a Tumi pro have some ideas on this? I was under the impression that Tumi doesn't sale often. This isn't Harry Rosen Outlet either.

What are people's thoughts?
8 replies
Sep 25, 2007
110 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
i am an sr consultant in the management consultancy industry. Prior to Covid, I was travelling 3 to 4 times a week. A lot of my fellow co-workers, mostly older guys have Tumi and I almost bought one, until one of the jr. analyst told me about Away. Since then, I've bought 4 away luggage for my self and my family. If you are in for a luggage, and not brand conscious and looking for quality luggage at a decent price, I'd highly recommend taking a look at away luggage.

https://www.awaytravel.com/
ThorO77590 wrote: Tumi is fantastic, but that series is hideous.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1994 posts
1223 upvotes
Kitchener
apkesh wrote: i am an sr consultant in the management consultancy industry. Prior to Covid, I was travelling 3 to 4 times a week. A lot of my fellow co-workers, mostly older guys have Tumi and I almost bought one, until one of the jr. analyst told me about Away. Since then, I've bought 4 away luggage for my self and my family. If you are in for a luggage, and not brand conscious and looking for quality luggage at a decent price, I'd highly recommend taking a look at away luggage.

https://www.awaytravel.com/
Also the older guys prob have the stuff that is grandfathered into the lifetime warranty. The new stuff does not have lifetime anymore.
Nov 3, 2003
563 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
keyser-soze wrote: Also the older guys prob have the stuff that is grandfathered into the lifetime warranty. The new stuff does not have lifetime anymore.
DING DING DING

New Tumi Alpha screams "MBA graduation present from Mom".

B&R is where the smart money is in non-disposable luggage.

Don't get me started on the posers that buy aluminum Rimowa and complain about dents and scratches...
Sep 15, 2020
77 posts
62 upvotes
ThorO77590 wrote: Tumi is fantastic, but that series is hideous.
I second this notion. I’d stay away from that particular line.

Ca.tumi.com for your reference for sales. I do miss when HR/HR2 carried Tumi, could pick them up for a steal.

I personally prefer Tumi over other brands for their durability, aesthetics, and functionality. The garment luggage variations are really well thought out. Been looking for “trunk” luggage’s for next year and was leaning towards 2 Rimowa’s, but lately been eyeing the T4 wheeled duffel/waiting for a sale/Rimowa+LV=reduced quality. Sadly, s/o still wants the Rimowa for herself.
Mar 30, 2015
26 posts
88 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Rimowa is far better in quality than Tumi and does not cost much more when Tumi is not on sale.
May 12, 2006
393 posts
276 upvotes
ON
I travel for months on end... Not a few days here and there. I've been through alaska, canada's north and all along the equator.

I buy the samsonite sets from Costco. At $189 a set they can't be beat. 5 or 10yr warranty.

I'm only my 2nd set only because after 5 years the first was cracked by airline staff tossing it around at a gravel airstrip. Costco replaced it without question.
Oct 29, 2016
479 posts
286 upvotes
Canuck485 wrote: I travel for months on end... Not a few days here and there. I've been through alaska, canada's north and all along the equator.

I buy the samsonite sets from Costco. At $189 a set they can't be beat. 5 or 10yr warranty.

I'm only my 2nd set only because after 5 years the first was cracked by airline staff tossing it around at a gravel airstrip. Costco replaced it without question.
I'm also happy with my Costco polycarbonate Samsonite luggage.