[Harvey's] 2 Junior Burgers for $3 [December 31 - January 27]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 3:45 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11526 posts
1966 upvotes
RFD
A&W is clearly the better tasting burger, as others have pointed out because the meat content is superior and filler free, unless you like burgers with fillers and meat extenders. You can tell just by looking at Harvey burgers that it doesn't look "real", the consistency gives it away. I'd eat at Harvey's as a last resort.
Jun 11, 2016
215 posts
237 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:12 am
A&W is clearly the better tasting burger, as others have pointed out because the meat content is superior and filler free, unless you like burgers with fillers and meat extenders. You can tell just by looking at Harvey burgers that it doesn't look "real", the consistency gives it away. I'd eat at Harvey's as a last resort.
I prefer Harveys due to the vegetables but I admit AW has the superior patty.
Apr 23, 2014
959 posts
162 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
after a long hiatus of a couple of years I had a coupon and ordered an original burger. When I sat down to eat it, the first thing I noticed was the patty. It was half the size, in thickness that I remembered. It was indeed the thinnest burger I have ever seen. It literally got buried in the bun. I know that "thin is in" but Harvey's your not doing me any favour's here. I definitely felt the price had increased and the product had shrunk...considerably, to the point I really thought that this was not worth it, and I would not be back..coupon or not.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11526 posts
1966 upvotes
RFD
KravenHead wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:20 am
I prefer Harveys due to the vegetables but I admit AW has the superior patty.
Harvey's does have a nice variety of condiments, I can agree with that.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4788 posts
1719 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Penrose wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 11:27 am
after a long hiatus of a couple of years I had a coupon and ordered an original burger. When I sat down to eat it, the first thing I noticed was the patty. It was half the size, in thickness that I remembered. It was indeed the thinnest burger I have ever seen. It literally got buried in the bun. I know that "thin is in" but Harvey's your not doing me any favour's here. I definitely felt the price had increased and the product had shrunk...considerably, to the point I really thought that this was not worth it, and I would not be back..coupon or not.
I actually just came on to post the exact same thing and I saw your post. I too had a maybe 2 or 3 year hiatus because the last time I went to Harveys I was so shocked at how far the quality of the food had fallen, I've just avoided it altogether, and I rarely eat fast food anyways, only if I am on the road and there is nothing else around. The thickness of the patty on the regular burger I got the last time I ate there was laughable from the good old days of Harveys and overall it just plain sucked. I was in a small town yesterday and starving, so I bit the bullet and grabbed a few junior burgers for the long drive home, and again, I had a fool me once fool me again moment. Just crap. The burger patty was literally no thicker than a slice of processed cheese. Not to play the back in the day card, but man, back in the day, Harveys Junior burgers were the bomb. The patty thickness of the junior was easily 3-4 times thicker than it is now, way thicker than even the regular burger I got a few years ago was. The price is good during this promo but the food is shit. I don't know what the regular price of a JB is, but its barely even worth the buck and a half. Too bad corporate policies to pump out cheap junk to satisfy the masses who want low priced garbage have ruined what once was a decent burger chain. Oh well.
Dec 9, 2014
116 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
a2vr6 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:47 am
I didnt say it wasnt beef, it just doesnt taste like it is. The study doesnt really tell you anything about the quality of the meat, just looking at a Mcdonalds or A&W patty you can see its just disgusting. The reason they are struggling is because people want cheap food, Harvey's is usually on the higher end of the spectrum for a fast food joint. Why do you think SUbway is so popular and QUizno's almsot doesnt exist? Its not because they made a crappy sub, its just that people arent willing to shell out for a better product mostly.

Personally when it came to burgers I enjoyed Lick's when they were around, now Burgers Priest is a good fill in for but they are a niche player and cater to a different market.
Sheesh bud. You seem to be on a pro-harvey's anti-a&w crusade. Taste is subjective ya know.
Dec 6, 2009
95 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
dilligafeh wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 4:57 pm
You're welcome. Enjoy spending a good portion of my federal taxes.
If we let your province separate you'll be eating your own foot in no time flat.
Have you done the calculation as to actual dollar figure you're sending us annually? I'd love to know so I can enjoy spending each dollar and cent you so lovingly shared with us of your hard-earned money is this wonderful Commonwealth nation, united coast to coast.
Dec 1, 2018
107 posts
119 upvotes
ahlong wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 1:46 pm
anyone experince they are so cheap downtown with toppings lol when asking for everything they give very little have to ask for extra everything and they get mad (both th jarvis and dundas one)

i'll stick to Scarborough ones they are much nicer
Good ol hooter harveys
Nov 21, 2017
896 posts
808 upvotes
J.C wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:26 am
Ya my thoughts also.I bought 2 junior burgers today. Not impressed at all.The meat is almost as thin as a slice of processed cheese haha. The buns are cold..they should warm them up a bit. I wouldn't buy again. The Wendys junior bacon cheeseburger tastes so much better. Also when I ordered the 2 junior burgers at Harveys..on the register when employee rang up the burger etc..it said "kids burger" haha

Bro, same here. I was pissed off with my two juniors and frings even after staff made a mistake and gave me an extra order of frings. That stuff was so gross most of the extra frings and half of a junior burger met the trash bin, which is something I almost never do. Yuck, it's not even worth $2 imo and I used to LOVE Harveys over a decade ago. Quality went so downhill here.
Dec 31, 2008
219 posts
141 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
a2vr6 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 11:03 am
Nah, the grey matter they put in A&W and McDonalds does not even taste like anything resembling beef, its pure grizzle. Harvey's is hands down the best tasting fast food chain burger, worth the price. And these juniors are damn tasety ...drool. As a sidenote its sad to see so few Harvey's around, considering the quality of their food it kills the competition when it comes to taste, I guess people would rather spend as little as possible and be happy with sub-par food.

Btw they have been tested and are 100% beef. http://www.uoguelph.ca/news/2013/02/can ... urger.html
This study says there is no other meat (e.g. horse) in the burgers other than beef. That's what they mean by 100% beef. It says nothing about other fillers.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7870 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
a2vr6 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:47 am
I didnt say it wasnt beef, it just doesnt taste like it is. The study doesnt really tell you anything about the quality of the meat, just looking at a Mcdonalds or A&W patty you can see its just disgusting. The reason they are struggling is because people want cheap food, Harvey's is usually on the higher end of the spectrum for a fast food joint. Why do you think SUbway is so popular and QUizno's almsot doesnt exist? Its not because they made a crappy sub, its just that people arent willing to shell out for a better product mostly.

Personally when it came to burgers I enjoyed Lick's when they were around, now Burgers Priest is a good fill in for but they are a niche player and cater to a different market.
harvey's thanks you for thinking they are on the "on the higher end of the spectrum". they have done a bang up job of fooling a certain segment of the population.
The Original "Burger" ingredients: beef, water, toasted wheat crumbs, salt, wheat flour, modified milk ingredients, hydrolyzed plant protein, onion powder, spices, sugar, dextrose, yeast extract, garlic powder.
they are basically the tim horton's of burger joints.
p.s. that's not a compliment.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2004
1304 posts
28 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:01 am
harvey's thanks you for thinking they are on the "on the higher end of the spectrum". they have done a bang up job of fooling a certain segment of the population.

they are basically the tim horton's of burger joints.
p.s. that's not a compliment.
At least we're on the same page that Tim's is shat. Lol @ the TIm Hortons of burger joints, so what does that make McDonalds? The Dunkin donuts of Burger Joints because that stuff is throw up on a bun. Btw, not saying you in particular are a fan of Mcdonalds (at least hope not) but the majority on RFD actually think that crap is good.

https://dailybuzzlive.com/mcdonalds-use ... -100-beef/

http://business.time.com/2012/02/01/mcd ... rger-meat/

Btw when you make a burger at home, unless (youre using ground up rib steaks or something similar which is kind of a waste) I'm sure you would be adding spices, breadcrumbs egg etc to bind them so that half the burger doesnt fall through the grates and gives it that extra bit of flavor. I'm not for fillers but most of the things added to a Harvey's Original you "listed" doesn't seem out of the ordinary. On the subject of A&W, I will say I havent had one of their burgers in 10+ years so maybe things have changed so I'll try them again at some point just to see if they've improved any.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7870 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
a2vr6 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 2:37 pm
At least we're on the same page that Tim's is shat. Lol @ the TIm Hortons of burger joints, so what does that make McDonalds? The Dunkin donuts of Burger Joints because that stuff is throw up on a bun. Btw, not saying you in particular are a fan of Mcdonalds (at least hope not) but the majority on RFD actually think that crap is good.

https://dailybuzzlive.com/mcdonalds-use ... -100-beef/

http://business.time.com/2012/02/01/mcd ... rger-meat/

Btw when you make a burger at home, unless (youre using ground up rib steaks or something similar which is kind of a waste) I'm sure you would be adding spices, breadcrumbs egg etc to bind them so that half the burger doesnt fall through the grates and gives it that extra bit of flavor. I'm not for fillers but most of the things added to a Harvey's Original you "listed" doesn't seem out of the ordinary. On the subject of A&W, I will say I havent had one of their burgers in 10+ years so maybe things have changed so I'll try them again at some point just to see if they've improved any.
i have never added any binders/ fillers to my homemade burgers and never will. anyone who does so may as well make a meatloaf and not a burger.
only the lowest of the low burger joints do it...see harvey's
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.