Expired Offers

Locked: Harvey's - 50% off for all Canadian Government Health Care Workers and First Responders

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2020 10:35 am
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20636 posts
21992 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: These heroes deserve 100% off

Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1198 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
L4cky wrote: Taiwan is very good at controlling the virus spreading and they have no shame to say because they didn't follow the WHO recommendations. WHO as far as I know is a very untrustable organisation for this pandemic, first for telling people not to wear masks as it is ineffective (the real reason is rather the masks supplies can't meet the demand), and 2nd, for not recommending travel ban before it is too late.

Why would anyone believe the WHO when at their head is Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus , who used to be health minister of Ethiopia, and during his tenure he was accused of covering up cholera epidemics.
Tedros

There's also a lot of politics going on in the back scenes of which we are not a part of. Example at the start of Covid 19 the WHO stated that medical personnel needed to wear N95 masks, which is what they did during their entire workday during the SARS crisis. When the shortage became apparent, all of sudden the WHO stated that surgical masks are ok except during aersolization generating procedures like intubation. Another issue I predict will emerge is that the new masks being produced in China will be inferior and not filter properly due to hastily put together factories making poor quality melt-blown fabric that is used for filtration in the masks, and this may cause a false sense of security. Link to mask

Edit:Pharmacies in UK are only allowing 12 or even less people into store at one time, and when their doctors phone in Rx, patient has to be given a time slot to pick up their Rx.
Last edited by Bull Dog on Mar 22nd, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2059 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Fable Diner in Vancouver is offering 40% off for healthcare workers. It's not that far from VGH if one were to pick up some food along the way to work or after work.

https://www.facebook.com/fablediner/pos ... 29801591:0
Mar 29, 2008
235 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa
FaithBuster wrote: As a health care worker myself, I'm a bit on the fence about this. My pay is decent with additional overtime opportunities (= more money) and I have a guaranteed job. Obviously the job doesn't come without it's risks but every other public facing job has some risk as well.

Meanwhile, you have the service workers and other similar folks not even able to get a paycheck... but I'm the one getting massive 50% discount? I think I would rather pay full price and have Harvey's take the additional 50% savings and distribute it to service workers.
As Law Enforcement, I am with FaithBuster on this. Would rather pay full price.

I am rather appalled by some of the greedy and shallow comments from some RFD members. I have enjoyed this site and the community for years but I find the hoarder and selfish attitude/mentality that has and is developing very concerning.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4895 posts
3573 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I work hands-on with covid19 specimens and I have no desire to go and ask for a discount.

You want to give a group a discount? How about the tireless grocery workers and gas stations attendants. Those are the people that could seriously benefit from this.
Mar 29, 2008
235 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa
I want people to think about janitorial/cleaning staff in all the areas of our work environment. They are the ones cleaning the crap that we all leave behind. I watch people walk by them on a daily basis without even acknowledging what they do for us.

Bought all our cleaning staff lunch on Friday...a couple of them came to me to thank me and said all they have been hearing is lately is "go clean that, empty the garbage more often, clean touch points faster".

Please consider taking a minute to thank them next time you see them.
Jun 11, 2016
883 posts
1274 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Loblaws just announced a 15% wage increase retroactive to March 8. SaveOn Foods in the west announced a $2/hour increase for all. This is temporary .. but still a bit of a thank you to staff.

Ron.
As far as am concern this industry is crucial during this epidemic so it makes sense Loblaws will do more to keep their employees/union happy.
Nov 7, 2015
117 posts
46 upvotes
So far we got Harvey’s and Swiss Chalet. Any other places doing 50% off for Healthcare workers?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1097 posts
426 upvotes
Regina
What doctor would eat Harvey's?
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17165 posts
4362 upvotes
Toronto
Mom telling me a pizza place close to Toronto Western was offering free pizza.

Yup, will visit them again in the future.
RedFlagDeals addict
Sep 8, 2006
834 posts
511 upvotes
Edmonton
Bull Dog wrote: Another issue I predict will emerge is that the new masks being produced in China will be inferior and not filter properly due to hastily put together factories making poor quality melt-blown fabric that is used for filtration in the masks, and this may cause a false sense of security. Link to mask

At least China is making an effort to make them and supply to everyone. A slightly inferior (in your opinion) mask is still better than no mask at all.
Aug 7, 2015
130 posts
75 upvotes
Calgary, AB
waloshin wrote: What doctor would eat Harvey's?
When there's nothing else to eat that's convenient which is... now.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17165 posts
4362 upvotes
Toronto
waloshin wrote: What doctor would eat Harvey's?
They aren't people who like Hamburgers?
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1097 posts
426 upvotes
Regina
jingjingbub wrote: When there's nothing else to eat that's convenient which is... now.
Nothing else to eat? Harvey's is not the only place open...
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST