• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2019 8:13 pm
6 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
10656 posts
5828 upvotes
Oil Country
Got the Lightlife burger the other day. Gotta say, I preferred it to the Beyond Meat burgers at A&W. To me, the Lightlife patty tasted better. I had them on back to back days so I could compare. My only knock on Harvey's is the bun they use. Wished they used a bun like A&W's. Light and fluffy, not dense.
Apr 20, 2004
142 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
I've been meaning to try it, but no nutritional information on the lightlife burger just yet. A&W beyond meat tastes great, but has more fats than their beef burger!!!! So...definitely not healthier - but i guess for those that don't eat meat....I typically eat harvey's cardboard veggie burger....much lower in fats.
May 7, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Nepean, ON
unreg991 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 1:26 pm
but has more fats than their beef burger!!!! So...definitely not healthier
That's...not really how nutrition works. People need certain amounts/certain types of fats. Here's an okay rundown: https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... d-and-good

Edit: I should say that I'm not saying the BMB is healthier...I'd say it's pretty similar to A&W's meat burgers. The biggest benefit, IMO, is on the environmental side.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
1005 posts
766 upvotes
GTA
Just download the ‘Foupon’ app and you will always have the latest Harvey coupons on your phone to use.
Apr 20, 2004
142 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
artifaxiom wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 2:30 pm
That's...not really how nutrition works. People need certain amounts/certain types of fats. Here's an okay rundown: https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... d-and-good

Edit: I should say that I'm not saying the BMB is healthier...I'd say it's pretty similar to A&W's meat burgers. The biggest benefit, IMO, is on the environmental side.
Yes, I am fully versed in all of that. As someone with genetically high cholesterol, I have to keep saturated and trans fats to a minimum. BMB had more saturates than the beef burger IIRC. I get the environmental angle for sure. But as someone trying to eat more healthy, truth be told, I don't need for it to taste like meat....I just want something on a bun that, when covered with the vegetables and condiments, tastes good. It could be purple for all I care.
May 7, 2015
41 posts
2 upvotes
Nepean, ON
unreg991 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 2:39 pm
Yes, I am fully versed in all of that. As someone with genetically high cholesterol, I have to keep saturated and trans fats to a minimum. BMB had more saturates than the beef burger IIRC. I get the environmental angle for sure. But as someone trying to eat more healthy, truth be told, I don't need for it to taste like meat....I just want something on a bun that, when covered with the vegetables and condiments, tastes good. It could be purple for all I care.
BMBs have less saturated fat than a typical beef burger (5 g for BMB, 9 g for beef).
(ref: https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/a2 ... gredients/)

But you're totally right about Harvey's veggieburgers having much less saturated fat than both (1.5 g). And I'm right along with you with the, "I don't need something to taste like meat to enjoy it" camp!