Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Harvey's

##### It's Back! Two Original Burgers for Only $6 | From Oct 29th to Nov 18th #####

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 4:11 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Can I pay 2 x $3 so that tax will be only 5%?
When are they going to increase the $4 limit?
Never. The $4 tax exemption thing came about in like 1990 when Bob Rae's NDP came into power in Ontario. However this law has never been touched since. Neither repealed nor updated to a higher dollar amount. Therefore it just stands and as the years go by, it becomes less and less meaningful/useful for "regular people". Back then you could get a Big Mac/std. McD's sandwich combo for $3.99, falling just within that provincial-tax-exempt bracket. Today? Ha good luck with that as I think a Big Mac on its own is more expensive than that.

Given we have a PC government now, don't get your hopes up of it changing anytime soon. In fact, I'm quite surprised Harris never repealed it during his "Common Sense Revolution" nonsense.

Really it hasn't changed in over 25 years, so it probably never will. Seems like it will just stay on the books indefinitely until one day $4 won't even be able to buy a small soda, making it fully useless at that point.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5148 posts
2194 upvotes
Mississauga
Andrew4Life wrote: Would they even allow this to be combined?
You're buying something from them and the frings can be redeem on its own if you like so I don't see why they can't combine. There is no requirement for frings redemption.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
yah the king meal might happen this week....have never had harveys...might be one in north regina to try on saturday
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3186 upvotes
" The $4 tax exemption thing came about in like 1990 when Bob Rae's NDP came into power in Ontario."

Was there long, long before bob rae
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
Too bad there's only like 2 Harvey's in all of BC. 1 in Van 1 in PoCo.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
2131 posts
797 upvotes
Ottawa
dealxtremeleecher wrote: Omg the burger looks so good in the photo. I havemt had harveys before. How does this conpare to other fast food chains.

My rating:
Teen burger - A&W
Grilled chicken - Wendy's
Seriously chicken.- mcds
Big mac - mcds

Where would it go on this list

A&w has best burger.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Jan 21, 2010
486 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Harvey’s patties are like beef paste which was pressed into a perfect oval shape. Those you would find in packs of 8 at the grocery store. Obviously everyone would prefer hand-pressed ground/minced meat, but the original burger is still great value for $6
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2005
1950 posts
355 upvotes
flipper316 wrote: Too bad there's only like 2 Harvey's in all of BC. 1 in Van 1 in PoCo.
One in Kamloops as well so 3
Nikon D810, 16-35 F4 VR, 70-200 F2.8E VR, 50 1.8
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
838 upvotes
Arrgh wrote: I love Harvey's burgers. Will definitely get some.

Harvey's burgers are much better than the In & Out burgers in the US.
I can't believe you've said this. In & out >
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
i miss there ULTRA burgers! those were good!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Mayoo wrote: Isnt this a better deal

Definitely a better price, but you'd have to eat Burger King which kinda ruins it for me
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: " The $4 tax exemption thing came about in like 1990 when Bob Rae's NDP came into power in Ontario."

Was there long, long before bob rae
Upon further research it seems the law came about in 1989 so it seems it did pre-date Bob Rae's time in power; however I hardly call a year or less, "long long before" :rolleyes:
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
I would forget the meat and select your toppings :)

I love how your able to choose the toppings. Oh
Feb 15, 2013
211 posts
118 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone know if the Big Harv is still being sold? That thing had the consistency of a McRib.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1342 posts
390 upvotes
Oakville
ottofly wrote: Onions on a hamburger? You must be single.
or married and don't care anymore!
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
5-6 years ago Harvey's had ok original burgers, since then, they have shrunk the patty to half the size and changed the "so-called" meat recipe they use in the patty.

Back in the day, 30 years ago their burgers were top notch, probably not the healthiest but very tasty for a 15 year old.

If I want to eat a "Harveys Type Burger" I'll go to Dairy Freeze (Caledonia and St.Clair) they haven't changed suppliers for the last 45 years, presently they're going through a renovation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)