Credit Cards

Has anybody else had credit card transaction just disappear?

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2022 6:16 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Jun 6, 2016
361 posts
253 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT

Has anybody else had credit card transaction just disappear?

This happened twice to me recently. First time on my CT card in December, and now with Amex.
When it happened on my CT card I thought maybe I was crazy and just didn't remember, but now with Amex I have a negative balance because a transaction vanished after I paid the bill.
Anybody else have this happen?
45 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 24, 2011
543 posts
1238 upvotes
East, Canada
Nope, lucky devil! Spread some of that over here, I’d be happy if some of my vacation spending just vanished. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Member
Sep 3, 2018
273 posts
134 upvotes
Happened to me too. I had paid for dinner and after the authorization I added the tip to the charge, only the tip showed up on my statement. The bill was under pending transactions though and then it disappeared.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
935 posts
489 upvotes
YVR
I've had it go into pending then disappear for several days until the statement was generated at which time it reappeared :(
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
14721 posts
10850 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
This..nothing is free.....nothing!
prmetime wrote: I've had it go into pending then disappear for several days until the statement was generated at which time it reappeared :(

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 24, 2016
1286 posts
1204 upvotes
ON
I have only seen this with online purchase. Sometimes the amount appears as pending and then disappers. It reappears later once the goods have shipped. But personally I’ve never had a payment disappear completely.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
[OP]
Banned
Jun 6, 2016
361 posts
253 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
Thanks all for the replies!
Guess I'll just chalk this up to good luck and not complain, lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
2330 posts
1219 upvotes
On CT I notice Apple Wallet or TAP Transactions disappear, sometimes for weeks and eventually make its way back on, assuming its merchants reporting, some I think can report monthly, bi monthly or something

Amex only one but again eventually re appeared, almost two months later
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9041 posts
3629 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't had it happen to me. But here's hoping it'll happen often to me soon.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1047 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
free money eh LOL i doubt it. once a transaction finalized after 1.5 motnhs...
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2012
747 posts
205 upvotes
Air Force One
Techiedude wrote: On CT I notice Apple Wallet or TAP Transactions disappear, sometimes for weeks and eventually make its way back on, assuming its merchants reporting, some I think can report monthly, bi monthly or something

Amex only one but again eventually re appeared, almost two months later
Damn it reappeared ~two months later? Did your available credit reflect the missing transaction the whole time until the transaction appeared?
KevinK90588 wrote: it happened once with my AMEX card
how long ago was this and I'm guessing the transaction never reappeared?

The timing on this thread is so fitting. I did a $4k transaction 2 weeks ago on my Amex Cobalt card that never appeared (not even in pending). My available credit dropped by $4k but has since gone back up $4k despite the missing transaction still not a showing up. Fingers crossed I just got a free $4k :P
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
2330 posts
1219 upvotes
Discombobulator wrote: Damn it reappeared ~two months later? Did your available credit reflect the missing transaction the whole time until the transaction appeared?

how long ago was this and I'm guessing the transaction never reappeared?

The timing on this thread is so fitting. I did a $4k transaction 2 weeks ago on my Amex Cobalt card that never appeared (not even in pending). My available credit dropped by $4k but has since gone back up $4k despite the missing transaction still not a showing up. Fingers crossed I just got a free $4k :P
If you have a CT card in your Apple wallet go to a Petro can, you tap, you’ll see if, then it disappears from pending, and it’s not in posted. This is the card and method I notice most commonly missing. Two month, initial tap of iPhone, available balance went down, next morning woke up and was just rallying up balances and noticed my full balance was available, not pending and no posted. Then a couple mo that later it was back. That only happened once, but the missing taps are frequent

Note these missing ones most times come back within a few days, but it’s just what I noticed with my CT card.
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2012
747 posts
205 upvotes
Air Force One
Techiedude wrote: If you have a CT card in your Apple wallet go to a Petro can, you tap, you’ll see if, then it disappears from pending, and it’s not in posted. This is the card and method I notice most commonly missing. Two month, initial tap of iPhone, available balance went down, next morning woke up and was just rallying up balances and noticed my full balance was available, not pending and no posted. Then a couple mo that later it was back. That only happened once, but the missing taps are frequent

Note these missing ones most times come back within a few days, but it’s just what I noticed with my CT card.
Interesting. You also mentioned it happened on your Amex and reappeared 2 months later? I don't have the CT card but this missing transaction thing just happened on my cobalt 2 weeks ago. I'm praying it doesn't reappear lol
[OP]
Banned
Jun 6, 2016
361 posts
253 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
Discombobulator wrote: Damn it reappeared ~two months later? Did your available credit reflect the missing transaction the whole time until the transaction appeared?

how long ago was this and I'm guessing the transaction never reappeared?

The timing on this thread is so fitting. I did a $4k transaction 2 weeks ago on my Amex Cobalt card that never appeared (not even in pending). My available credit dropped by $4k but has since gone back up $4k despite the missing transaction still not a showing up. Fingers crossed I just got a free $4k :P
On my Amex it's been gone about 2 weeks, and my available credit did go up like it was never there.
But man... 4K?!?!? My missing transaction is ~$20 from the Beer store. Let us know what happens!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
3061 posts
2038 upvotes
Montreal
Alex383 wrote: But man... 4K?!?!? My missing transaction is ~$20 from the Beer store. Let us know what happens!
Clearly you should have bought more beer!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4374 posts
4642 upvotes
This literally just happened to me with AX.

Two weeks (TWO WEEKS!) ago I made a purchase at the Beer Store. It NEVER showed up. It was in my pending transactions tab, and then it just disappeared.

WTH?
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
2330 posts
1219 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: This literally just happened to me with AX.

Two weeks (TWO WEEKS!) ago I made a purchase at the Beer Store. It NEVER showed up. It was in my pending transactions tab, and then it just disappeared.

WTH?
I just talked to my local convenience store guy about this, he said sometimes merchants transactions are posted at different times, some may have reached a limit, some may have sold off their "CC Transactions" hence why this can occur, it may disappear but it will come back eventually, he said sometimes transactions will pend, and he will get asked if he verified or verify its the card holder etc......hes a small shop so guessing they're just pickier with him
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2012
747 posts
205 upvotes
Air Force One
Alex383 wrote: On my Amex it's been gone about 2 weeks, and my available credit did go up like it was never there.
But man... 4K?!?!? My missing transaction is ~$20 from the Beer store. Let us know what happens!
Will do.
My transaction was at a large supermarket and I had subsequent transactions after that date at the same place which all posted so it wasn't like this was a one off transaction in some random small shop.
Strange....
Sr. Member
May 26, 2009
578 posts
775 upvotes
Calgary
I know it's not the same scenario, but about 20 years ago, a restaurant charge didn't go through my credit card. The transaction was done on a credit card imprinter, which was the norm back then. The restaurant must have lost their copy. So, I ended up getting a free meal.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)