Shopping Discussion

Has anybody noticed Walmart online stock is not at all accurate with what's in store?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2021 11:19 pm
[OP]
Dec 5, 2004
465 posts
493 upvotes

Has anybody noticed Walmart online stock is not at all accurate with what's in store?

I've noticed the past 6 months or so that items visibly in stock (and unobtainable with yellow tape here in Ontario) are not at all accurate with Walmart's online stock availability?

It would seem that they are purposely distorting items to 0 quantity for some reason.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9217 posts
7571 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
ttiger wrote: I've noticed the past 6 months or so that items visibly in stock (and unobtainable with yellow tape here in Ontario) are not at all accurate with Walmart's online stock availability?
It would seem that they are purposely distorting items to 0 quantity for some reason.
Store availability is not real time. It's only updated once a day.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2004
465 posts
493 upvotes
DragonRider wrote: Store availability is not real time. It's only updated once a day.
I was in a store today and they had patio furniture blocked off (GTA) ... the same store had 0 stock, and has had 0 stock on those items for the past little while. As far back as when their summer catalog came out trying to hype up the summer season items.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13578 posts
2374 upvotes
City of Vancouver
There was a $1 snow shovel showing in stock, but staff said no winter stock kept out on the floor. So, I was S.O.L.; "too bad, so sad". Same issue with the shovel at Lowes!
De gustibus non est disputandum