Travel

Has anyone been successful in getting Disney refund?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 6:13 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5741 posts
3570 upvotes

Has anyone been successful in getting Disney refund?

We bought Disneyworld tickets pre pandemic for November. We 100% will NOT be going in light of coronavirus and having a high risk family member. . Called a couple months ago And Disney said no refund if the park is open.

Wondering if anyone has had better luck getting a refund and if they could share how they got it.

UPDATE: Called again yesterday and received a refund , no issues.
Last edited by fdl on Jul 16th, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16911 posts
14505 upvotes
GTA, ON
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA ... ifications

AFAIK, Disney is good with extending the expiry date of the tickets.

Being Canadian should make the situation easier to resolve as at current, Canadians cannot cross the border to the United States. Not sure if that will be the case in November, but under certain circumstance, an extension for future use, or even a full-credit for future purchase shouldn't be out of the question. Call them again since the last you spoke to them was months ago.
Ticket Extension: You may use your current date-based ticket by September 26, 2021 with the existing add-on options, should the options return by that date.
Ticket Modification: Resort Packages with tickets may be modified or cancelled. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639, or contact your travel professional.
Ticket Cancellation: If you do not want to use your ticket, you also have the option of cancelling your ticket or package. To discuss your options, please call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 566-4985, or contact your travel professional.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16911 posts
14505 upvotes
GTA, ON
donttoewsmebro wrote: Canadian citizens are and have been allowed to fly into the USA & back as long as they quarantine when they arrive back in Canada for 14 days.
Well, okay, you're right. Technically anyone can go to the US. But of course, Canada is recommending avoiding all non-essential travel.

A Disney trip really isn't essential.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1630 posts
2939 upvotes
Berczy Park
chimaican wrote: Well, okay, you're right. Technically anyone can go to the US. But of course, Canada is recommending avoiding all non-essential travel.

A Disney trip really isn't essential.
Yes, you're right. Hopefully, they count a global advisory as a reason for a full refund for OP.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17995 posts
8971 upvotes
chimaican wrote: A Disney trip really isn't essential.
Lol it is if you have already told your children you are going for months ahead of time :)

It's a first world problem, but I feel bad for the disappointment that many children have faced at ages where they cannot necessarily handle it the same way us adults can.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5741 posts
3570 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: Lol it is if you have already told your children you are going for months ahead of time :)

It's a first world problem, but I feel bad for the disappointment that many children have faced at ages where they cannot necessarily handle it the same way us adults can.
Luckily in our case, we had kept it as a surprise. Still sucks though.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19302 posts
3512 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
I have tickets booked for October. I called. The tickets can be used up until next Sept just by reserving at the park. After that, we can keep the value indefinitely to apply to new tickets.

I'd rather have a full refund but this isnt so bad.
Feb 17, 2013
114 posts
34 upvotes
We bought the Canadian Resident tickets back in Feb. When the park closed due to COVID-19 we learned the expiration date was extended to Dec 2021. Anyway, I called Disneyland yesterday to see if we can get a full refund. To my surprise, the operator just said "OK" and said we'd expect a full refund after one or two billing cycles. No email confirmation regarding the cancellation, because they typically don't do full refunds.

Suspect we were able to get a full refund b/c California is locking down again.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5741 posts
3570 upvotes
Just a quick update - I called again yesterday and was given a full refund without any issues.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13035 posts
8280 upvotes
Markham
This really sucks

We booked Disney in past March break and we got refund when they closed the park

It's really disappointed because my son had been looking forward Star Wars theme park for years. Looked at situations in US, Don't think we will visit there in 2021