Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1855 posts
112 upvotes

Has anyone booked with Elvoline.com??

While checking out prices with the usual sites, this one showed up with a very good price for the Shangri-La in Vancouver. About $300 per night including taxes. Looking to treat the wife for a few days at the end of May.. Not much info on-line. They seem to be based out of Gibralter. I will probably book as they seem to be legit but I wondered if anyone else has heard of or tried them.
As long as I use a credit card I should be covered in the event it isn't legit..

Kaz

This was a site that came up on Trivago.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1551 posts
477 upvotes
I've price matched using them for comparison before. You should try that instead, might be safer =).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1855 posts
112 upvotes
bobu wrote: I've price matched using them for comparison before. You should try that instead, might be safer =).
Which site did you price match them with?

I booked it last night so I'll call the hotel later today and see if they have a confirmation number for me....
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1551 posts
477 upvotes
Kaz wrote: Which site did you price match them with?

I booked it last night so I'll call the hotel later today and see if they have a confirmation number for me....
I think I've done Marriott and Orbitz. Let us know how it goes, I'd be interested to know if it's a legit website too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1855 posts
112 upvotes
I talked to the hotel today and they sent me my confirmation number. Everything seems legit at this point. The rate they had was over $700 less than the next lowest rate that i found.
Apr 28, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Dear Kaz.
Thank you for using Elvoline.com for your Hotel booking at Shangri-La Vancouver. We are very excited that you managed to get good deal and we do look forward to serve you again soon. Please feel free to contact us if you have any special request / arrangement for your stay, we will be glad to assist.

Regards
Elvoline Team
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55278 posts
20127 upvotes
Elvoline wrote: Dear Kaz.
Thank you for using Elvoline.com for your Hotel booking at Shangri-La Vancouver. We are very excited that you managed to get good deal and we do look forward to serve you again soon. Please feel free to contact us if you have any special request / arrangement for your stay, we will be glad to assist.

Regards
Elvoline Team
Damn. No follow up posts from Elvoline.
Dec 13, 2016
1 posts
I have just recently had a terrible experience with both EVOLINE and Westgate in Las Vegas. Both collectively stripped me of a 1000 dollars. My bank has a dispute with these guys as we speak. After paying $648.75 I was told by the Westgate that they required a $875.00 hold of which they tried to charge me. Not only that Westgate attempted to refuse to release the gold on the card. Beware of EVOLINE and anyone of the hotels that partners with these crooks. Neither were able to deliver the service yet feel entitled to your money regardless. The fact that they are not based out of the US is a red flag in itself.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1855 posts
112 upvotes
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Our stay went through without a hitch and I would use them again.
Hope you get it sorted out but it sounds like your issue is with Westgate.
Why did they need a hold?o
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8906 posts
2840 upvotes
Mississauga
RalphS690462 wrote: I have just recently had a terrible experience with both EVOLINE and Westgate in Las Vegas. Both collectively stripped me of a 1000 dollars. My bank has a dispute with these guys as we speak. After paying $648.75 I was told by the Westgate that they required a $875.00 hold of which they tried to charge me. Not only that Westgate attempted to refuse to release the gold on the card. Beware of EVOLINE and anyone of the hotels that partners with these crooks. Neither were able to deliver the service yet feel entitled to your money regardless. The fact that they are not based out of the US is a red flag in itself.
We need more details.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Feb 19, 2017
1 posts
Never use this website, EVER! I booked with them and ended up having to sleep in my car because there was a "system error." This happened two days ago and I still have not gotten my refund! They gave me the run around for hours and told me they were relocating me from the Holiday Inn to the Hyatt to the Hilton to a Red Lion Hotel then to no where! This company should be shut down! Please take my advice and book using a different website!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1358 posts
1542 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anyone tried this site recently? Both bad these reviews are from users with a single post but then again Elvoline never came back to address these reviews so maybe it's one of those "too good to be true" situations?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17605 posts
8257 upvotes
sn00ch wrote: Has anyone tried this site recently? Both bad these reviews are from users with a single post but then again Elvoline never came back to address these reviews so maybe it's one of those "too good to be true" situations?
What I usually do is find the lowest price via Trivago - which sometimes is Elvoline or Amoma - and then pricematch is on Expedia (or another more mainstream site). With the pricematching policies the only reason to use these lesser known sites is because they sometimes claim to have inventory (which may or may not disappear when you try to book).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1855 posts
112 upvotes
I used them again a few weeks ago to book a room in Vancouver.
No issues again.
Dec 14, 2011
1 posts
EDMONTON
Stay away from Elvoline! Booked with them and they didn't pay the hotel. Terrible customer service!
Apr 5, 2017
1 posts
This site is the worst. I made a hotel booking. Within 5 minutes I realized I erroneously made a mistake and called immediately elvoline. They would not switch the dates adn the robot on the other end of the phone just repeated "I am sorry, the cancelation policy is quite clear".. Expedia let's you make changes within 24 hours. Use them and I normally do.. Elvoline automatically pop up with this particular hotel, Albergo Terminus Hotel - Como, Italy, so I jsut used it cause it was late and I was tired. Now I won't use hotel or Elvoline though Elvoline is the culprit - the hotel does use this service so they are partly responsible. BEWARE - DO NOT USE ELVOLINE!! I cancelled reservation and will dispute ELVOLINE via my credit card company.
Apr 16, 2017
1 posts
I was considering booking with elvoline at an airport hotel. The price and discount with coupon was more than a third less of the price on the official hotel site.... that seems too good to be true. After reading bad and scam victims' reviews I concluded this is a site that fakes it's sales by misrepresentation.
What proves my opinion is that it states free cancellation until day before stay yet redirects You to a page to immediately charge your credit card.
Avoid... if too good to be true, probably isn't.
Apr 24, 2017
0 posts
Do not under any circumstances book through Elvoline, and if it's name shows during the booking process I would advise discontinuing. s I reserved a hotel under their advertising that I could cancel until the day before, but the reservation went through Elvoline.com regardless that I was using hotel.com's website. They do not in any fashion seek to meet the refund policy that they advertise. I too am seeking redress through my credit card company.
Aug 12, 2017
1 posts
Never ever book at Elvoline!!!! it's a cheat and criminal!

I booked a hotel and got confirmation right away, then booked my journey accordingly, etc. then had dinner. When I came back to my room I had an email from the hotel telling me the confirmation sent by Elvoline was not valid as there was no room left!!! Tried to contact the helpline in vain, it was night (although they claim to have a 24/7 hotline). Changed my flight, was picked up at 5 am and at the airport received a message from Elvloline they would offer an alternative. Even though the hotel was of a much lower quality I accepted as I was completely upset and in need of a few days' holiday but contacted Elvoline for some compensation. They then put the whole blame on me, you accepted the alternative, the price we had (found via Tripadvisor, a much lower rate than other booking sites) was a special price for us (obviously, there was no room!) etc. I think this is a cheat and now that I have read all the reviews I am sure about this. When you phone the helpline you can't get trough and when you mail you have a different staff member each time just telling you their mantra of - it's not our fault it's yours! - until they tire you out. DON't BOOK here, never! I wonder how long it takes until legal action takes place here - this is criminal - however after reading other reviews this seems to be how they do business! Wish I had done so before. Don't make the same mistake!
Dec 9, 2017
1 posts
Absolute crooks. Booked Travelodge Inn & Suites in Kissimmee, FL on 12-8-2017 they deducted the money from my account. They then sent me to a page stating they did not actually have that room. Called their customer support number, was told that there was only a single person working there, and he refused to help. I asked to speak to a manager, was told the manager was only in on mondays, and he would not help me either. He then stated the money would be refunded to me when their system felt like doing so, it has not been, at all. Called PayPal and was told I had to wait 7-10 days before escalating it to a fraud claim. Had to go to my card issuer to resolve. This is a criminal operation, period.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)