Has anyone dealt with morkies.ca?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 5:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 11, 2020
2 posts

Has anyone dealt with morkies.ca?

My fiance and I are interested in adopting a morkie. We've had some contact with the person behind this business but so far have not been satisfied with their responses - they take several hours to respond and their answers to our questions seem lacking. They haven't even told us their name, and personal info on them can't be found anywhere. They also own multiple websites with the exact same content such as http://teacupyorkies.ca/ and http://www.morkieandmorkies.com/. The testimonials on their sites are abundant, but I'm beginning to wonder just how reputable they really are. From my understanding, a reputable breeder wouldn't encourage breeding teacup puppies.

There are currently two male puppies available, 3 weeks old and 4 weeks old.

They will only text and will not take a phone call despite their website saying "Please call". My partner and I have many questions particularly about vaccinations and meeting the puppies, but they have not asked about us and seem eager to simply secure our deposit. I find it suspicious to be asked for a deposit before being able to visit the puppies. Is this normal?

Overall, the interaction with them so far is beginning to leave a negative impression with us. If they're not reputable, would anyone have recommendations for reputable morkie breeders near Toronto?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1347 posts
994 upvotes
British Columbia
They are not a breeder. They likely are a puppy broker.

The long and short of it is, you will not find a reputable "Morkie" breeder. They are not a breed and thus you will almost certainly only find backyard bred or puppy mill dogs. These dogs will have no health testing or thought put behind their breeding for future generations of the dogs, they'll simply take your money and run.
Jul 4, 2009
976 posts
133 upvotes
Mississauga area
Morkie is not a breed, it's a combination of two separate breeds - therefore you will not find a reputable breeder because they won't exist.

What you will find at best are back yard breeders. Which basically is a person who likes yorkies and maltese and decide to breed them for profit or maybe they think its fun. That doesn't make them bad people, just irresponsible. Responsible breeders should know the lineage of their dogs, and make sure they are genetically sound before mating them.

Now before you think "well breeds have to start somewhere" - yes, they do. But taking two dog breeds you like and mashing them together is not how to start a breed. When breeds are started, it takes a lot of forethought and knowledge, and careful selection over generations.

If you like the way Yorkies mixed with Maltese look - have you considered the Havanese? They come in a variety of colours - with the non-shedding coat similar to the yorkie and maltese and they are slightly larger than the maltese.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3297 posts
592 upvotes
I agree with kittypink - take a look at the Havanese. But a good breeder during these times will be slow to respond and with a lot of questions. Do not expect a quick reply - if you even get one.

My dog was very friendly with a Havanese puppy - they both should have had the words "paper shredder" as part of their breed description! Of course most dogs do love to chew paper, but some more than others.

The so-called breeder you have been dealing with is not a breeder!
Mar 21, 2013
1 posts
Calgary
Hi. We received a wonderful, beautiful puppy from these people. They are a breeder of the Morkie"s and my puppy is awesome... they are not a puppy mill!
Oct 19, 2020
1 posts
I found the same thing with Morkie.ca. There is no communication. I met someone who gave me there name because they got their puppy from them. I am still not sure if they are a good breeder. Did you go ahead and get a puppy?