Wheels and Tires

Has anyone ever bought a car off Welxyo Trading Corporation?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2019 11:42 am
[OP]
Dec 14, 2011
429 posts
359 upvotes

Has anyone ever bought a car off Welxyo Trading Corporation?

Saw an ad on autotrader for a 2015 vehicle with 60k kms for $11,000. The ad said the car belonged to their aunt and posted on autotrader on behalf of the aunt. After emailing said aunt, she begins to tell me the car belonged to her dead father and is the reason for the sale. After trying to inquire a bit more about how to meet up to see the vehicle in person, she responded with

"The vehicle is currently located into Welxyo Trading Corporation warehouse, If you want to buy the vehicle through Welxyo Trading Corporation you have to register on the company website. After registering an invoice will be sent to you with detailed information about the shipping process, insurance, return policy and payment process too, the shipping fees are my responsibility. The most important thing is that this company offers a return policy and you have the right to return the vehicle at any time but I am sure you won`t need to use the return policy because the vehicle is exactly as I described it. I forgot to mention before that if it is easier for you, I can arrange a local pickup in Fermont QC or the trading company will deliver the vehicle to your address, free of charge. If you want the vehicle to be delivered you have to register on the company website www.welxyo.wtcauto.com I apologize for the long email but I couldn`t explain the process in fewer words."

Another case of too good to be true?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4190 posts
3125 upvotes
Markham
Nigerian prince is selling his custom 2015 Sentra SE-R. :smile:
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14110 posts
8515 upvotes
Toronto
416vtyou wrote: Saw an ad on autotrader for a 2015 vehicle with 60k kms for $11,000. The ad said the car belonged to their aunt and posted on autotrader on behalf of the aunt. After emailing said aunt, she begins to tell me the car belonged to her dead father and is the reason for the sale. After trying to inquire a bit more about how to meet up to see the vehicle in person, she responded with

"The vehicle is currently located into Welxyo Trading Corporation warehouse, If you want to buy the vehicle through Welxyo Trading Corporation you have to register on the company website. After registering an invoice will be sent to you with detailed information about the shipping process, insurance, return policy and payment process too, the shipping fees are my responsibility. The most important thing is that this company offers a return policy and you have the right to return the vehicle at any time but I am sure you won`t need to use the return policy because the vehicle is exactly as I described it. I forgot to mention before that if it is easier for you, I can arrange a local pickup in Fermont QC or the trading company will deliver the vehicle to your address, free of charge. If you want the vehicle to be delivered you have to register on the company website www.welxyo.wtcauto.com I apologize for the long email but I couldn`t explain the process in fewer words."

Another case of too good to be true?
Do you even know where Fermont is? Google Labrador City, NL and move your map to the left. It's a 30min drive on the 500 - 389 into Quebec.

lol Scam bro.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 2, 2017
767 posts
1000 upvotes
Never buy a car if you haven't seen it in person and are having the ownership signed over to you in person. Never transfer any money until you have the signed ownership in your hand.

If someone gives you a story about the vehicle, chances are it's a scam.
Oct 15, 2008
282 posts
237 upvotes
canada
Is Quebec involved or mentioned anywhere in the ad? If so, then 120% it's a scam.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2111 posts
630 upvotes
Montreal
koffey wrote: Do you even know where Fermont is? Google Labrador City, NL and move your map to the left. It's a 30min drive on the 500 - 389 into Quebec.

lol Scam bro.
I also had a good laugh when I read that the car was located in Fermont!
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14110 posts
8515 upvotes
Toronto
AMD wrote: I also had a good laugh when I read that the car was located in Fermont!
I lived there, lol.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯