PC & Video Games

Has anyone found the Wii in Toronto?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2010 9:38 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 28, 2009
1 posts

Has anyone found the Wii in Toronto?

I can't find the Wii anywhere in Toronto.

What's the point of all the chains advertising "Boxing Week" prices on the console if it's not in stock in stores or online and "we're not expecting it for a couple of weeks."

It's like a Cadillac dealership offering vehicles for $50..."oh but we're all out."
21 replies
Moderator
User avatar
Sep 30, 2001
28447 posts
7548 upvotes
Toronto
dheian wrote: I can't find the Wii anywhere in Toronto.

What's the point of all the chains advertising "Boxing Week" prices on the console if it's not in stock in stores or online and "we're not expecting it for a couple of weeks."
yeah that cheeses me off as well.

i've searched every toy/electronic store in my vicinity and they're all fresh out (along with SMB). i was lucky and i got a wii during bestbuy.ca's refresh a day or so ago but since then it's been back to 0 (though curiously my order shows the item as OOS so I have no idea when they'll deliver).
even amazon.ca which used to have them for $210 is now sold out (they have a 3rd party store selling them for something ridiculous..$230?).

good luck dude. maybe try that console watch site (is it still active?)
FS: Marley Wireless Earphones (NEW)

We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Jr. Member
Dec 8, 2007
164 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough
try shoppers drug mart
Sr. Member
Mar 30, 2009
995 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
I can't believe people are stil up in arms over a POS system. Seriously, the price drops by $20 to $30 and the whole city sells out. Unreal!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 4, 2001
11645 posts
506 upvotes
I have not detected any weight loss in the people who were going on about this being a healthy system because it forced you to move around. I guess that part of it lost its appeal pretty quickly.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4909 posts
2869 upvotes
Toronto
the hmv around dundas square in toronto has it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 8, 2009
1665 posts
117 upvotes
Paradise
dheian wrote: I can't find the Wii anywhere in Toronto.

What's the point of all the chains advertising "Boxing Week" prices on the console if it's not in stock in stores or online and "we're not expecting it for a couple of weeks."

It's like a Cadillac dealership offering vehicles for $50..."oh but we're all out."
Car dealers do do that all the time, they advertise a low low price in the paper, and then you go in and they say, well we don't actually have that model, its too basic, but we do have something slightly more expensive with features galore!!!!

not $50 but you get the point.

And to add to the other post about price drop and selling out of a SHAT system, I agree, people are like sheep, and big business know it, advertising tells us what we want to buy! Media glorifies anything that is in demand and the snowball effect occurs. SHEEP!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 8, 2009
1665 posts
117 upvotes
Paradise
mbg wrote: I have not detected any weight loss in the people who were going on about this being a healthy system because it forced you to move around. I guess that part of it lost its appeal pretty quickly.
hard to loose the celulite ass and beer gut by waving your arms around spuratically. Jogging for 20mins a day will have minimal effect on that!

Ever see a Fat Nurse? They work on their feet all day, but yet they are 220lb, how is this possible? Because only eating right (not diet) and cardio exercise will drop the weight. THAT IS IT!!!! the big money corps that suck people into their diet plans just because your hero celeb got lipo and whos job in life is to look good for you dropped weight, won't work. That is why their is a new fad diet plan every year, cus people catch on after they loose their money and feel stupid, they have to invent a new diet plan and sucker those suckers back in.... haha.
Member
Dec 4, 2005
236 posts
Mississauga
got ours at zellers at erin mills town center.
Member
User avatar
Aug 16, 2006
372 posts
70 upvotes
Wow, didn't realize the hate-on people have for this system.
Banned
Nov 10, 2009
183 posts
1 upvote
kc1 wrote: Wow, didn't realize the hate-on people have for this system.
Some people think bashing the Wii makes their e-penis bigger.
Sr. Member
Mar 13, 2008
578 posts
27 upvotes
ah Wii is not that great of a system, its for kids and now the trend is for middle aged ugly women to get wii fit. plus theres a few games which hard core gaymers can't resist, which personally i would never shell out the money just for that.

me? i have small children and i think wii is the best system out of the 3 for them. the haters are likely just minors who's parents would only buy them an xbox or a ps3 or a wii and are just trying to justify their decision. if anything XBoX 360 is for sheep, that system sucks.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2005
3162 posts
131 upvotes
Mississauga
kc1 wrote: Wow, didn't realize the hate-on people have for this system.
Nah it seems people who can afford only one system bash others because of jealousy. I personally own the PS3 and Wii and I will admit that the Wii isn't a beefed up system compared to the PS3 and the XBox 360 but it isn't meant to be. Even though the Wii is still a console, it is marketed towards certain crowds. I bought it mainly to play Super Mario Bros.Wii and maybe some other games when I'm bored with the games on the PS3.
Banned
Jul 1, 2009
128 posts
cambridge
Blackmajik wrote: Nah it seems people who can afford only one system bash others because of jealousy. I personally own the PS3 and Wii and I will admit that the Wii isn't a beefed up system compared to the PS3 and the XBox 360 but it isn't meant to be. Even though the Wii is still a console, it is marketed towards certain crowds. I bought it mainly to play Super Mario Bros.Wii and maybe some other games when I'm bored with the games on the PS3.
try but i can pack my wii up and take it when i visit my friends up north, its so small and with my external 2.5" drive hold 100 games its makes for an awsome night between friends after snowboarding all day
Jr. Member
Oct 26, 2009
191 posts
6 upvotes
i was at the walmart in pickering at 401/brock and they had around 10 of them in the showcase. list price was $219 so bring some sort of flyer to pm at $209.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 20, 2009
3698 posts
118 upvotes
Blackmajik wrote: Nah it seems people who can afford only one system bash others because of jealousy. I personally own the PS3 and Wii and I will admit that the Wii isn't a beefed up system compared to the PS3 and the XBox 360 but it isn't meant to be. Even though the Wii is still a console, it is marketed towards certain crowds. I bought it mainly to play Super Mario Bros.Wii and maybe some other games when I'm bored with the games on the PS3.
I agree with this. I personally have all 3, although I wouldn't have the 360 if it was given to me in exchange for helping a buddy out. Each system has their own perks, goods and bads, etc. To each their own.

There is no arguing that the wii is the best system for children. There is also no arguing with results.
Banned
Nov 10, 2009
183 posts
1 upvote
zonetbh wrote: There is no arguing that the wii is the best system for children. There is also no arguing with results.
Nobody is saying it's not good for kids.. but it's also good for casual gamers, people who like local multiplayer, platformer, rpg simulation, puzzle, action, arcade shooters, motion controls especially in sports genres, retro games etc.. Even people who just love the still fun Nintendo first party library you can't get anywhere else.. NSMB now being the fastest selling game on any console that is fun for anyone shows this..

Haters hardly touch upon the good side of the console or just play it down as insignificant
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 20, 2009
3698 posts
118 upvotes
_Madara_ wrote: Nobody is saying it's not good for kids.. but it's also good for casual gamers, people who like local multiplayer, platformer, rpg simulation, puzzle, action, arcade shooters, motion controls especially in sports genres, retro games etc.. Even people who just love the still fun Nintendo first party library you can't get anywhere else.. NSMB now being the fastest selling game on any console that is fun for anyone shows this..

Haters hardly touch upon the good side of the console or just play it down as insignificant
Hey you don't have to tell me twice, I agree. The wii is great system for what it does.

Top