• Jul 3rd, 2020 7:26 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2792 posts
1942 upvotes

Has anyone heard of XMXDB.COM tracking?

So I recently bought something from China and the seller and I agreed to FedEx the item as EMS was a unreliable at the start of the pandemic (I believe it still is until now). He pretty much said he'll charge me for what he charges EMS for the FedEx option - I guess the business took a hit since February.

Fast forward to last Monday my item is now ready to ship, with a note saying:

"Attached are wheels picture for your reference.
Here ,I have one question to check with you.We have XDB shipping service that can include import tax,the shipping time will be around 20-25 business days.But you will not need to do customs clearance and pay import duty .I think it is more convenient for you.Do you want to go with XDB shipping ?Please advise
Thanks"

I declined and said proceed with FedEx as agreed. I've waited so long for the item to get made and another 5 weeks would just feel like eternity. Even mentioning it's convenient for me sounds a bit farfetched, because we're talking about 1wk vs 5wk shipping (?)

Today I asked if theyve already shipped it because seriously, what's the hold up now that it's ready to ship.

The seller sent this note:

Hi xxxxx,

Here is tracking number for your reference:
FedEx:xxxxxxxx
Tracking links :http://xmxdb.com/en/track.asp
I will advise you transfer tracking number once available.
Thanks

So strangely enough, that website link refers to the shipping service I declined. Im not sure what this means, but I know sometimes online vendors use a tracking site regardless of what courier they use - is that the case here? It's the first time Ive seen this site having done thousands of online transactions at this point.
2 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12201 posts
3196 upvotes
--
Biscayne05 wrote: So I recently bought something from China and the seller and I agreed to FedEx the item as EMS was a unreliable at the start of the pandemic (I believe it still is until now). He pretty much said he'll charge me for what he charges EMS for the FedEx option - I guess the business took a hit since February.

Fast forward to last Monday my item is now ready to ship, with a note saying:

"Attached are wheels picture for your reference.
Here ,I have one question to check with you.We have XDB shipping service that can include import tax,the shipping time will be around 20-25 business days.But you will not need to do customs clearance and pay import duty .I think it is more convenient for you.Do you want to go with XDB shipping ?Please advise
Thanks"

I declined and said proceed with FedEx as agreed. I've waited so long for the item to get made and another 5 weeks would just feel like eternity. Even mentioning it's convenient for me sounds a bit farfetched, because we're talking about 1wk vs 5wk shipping (?)

Today I asked if theyve already shipped it because seriously, what's the hold up now that it's ready to ship.

The seller sent this note:

Hi xxxxx,

Here is tracking number for your reference:
FedEx:xxxxxxxx
Tracking links :http://xmxdb.com/en/track.asp
I will advise you transfer tracking number once available.
Thanks

So strangely enough, that website link refers to the shipping service I declined. Im not sure what this means, but I know sometimes online vendors use a tracking site regardless of what courier they use - is that the case here? It's the first time Ive seen this site having done thousands of online transactions at this point.
Does your tracking number work on the FedEx site? Sorry if I missed that.

If it does then fine, if not then I'd be asking them why they're going against what they said they were going to do.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2792 posts
1942 upvotes
No it doesnt work on the FedEx site. By experience the digits feel very short for a FedEx tracking #

Im still thinking this is one of those 3rd party tracking sites, like when I recently bought something from AliExpress, the tracking # they provided is way different from the one written on the package (turns out it was a DHL shipment)

Anyone else?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)