Computers & Electronics

Has anyone successfully fixed a stuck or dead pixel on a TV before?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2016 11:11 am
[OP]
Sep 4, 2016
607 posts
165 upvotes

Has anyone successfully fixed a stuck or dead pixel on a TV before?

Just curious. Not sure how to tell apart from a stuck one to a dead one. Mine is black, in the bottom right quandrant of the screen and only noticable on a white screen. Its not a big one, very sutle and you have to stick your face to the screen to see it.
Ive seen some dead pixels on previous screens that Ive had before where they stick out like a sore thumb, this fortunately is not the case here.

I tried the J screen fix, ran it for 3 hours and didnt work.

http://digiwonk.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ ... n-0162719/

I also tried massaging the spot for 30secs.

Im guessing its dead?

Any other tricks to try?

Obviously no dead pixels is better but because mine doesnt stand out like a sore thumb, is faint and you have to really look for it, and its only seen on a white screen and is in the bottom right quandrant of the screen, i wont bother exchanging it for another. Plus when I say that the pixel is not very noticable, my sitting distance from the TV is 2-2.5ft. You have to really look for it and its not going to blindside you like some big dead pixeks ive seen before.

Its too much hassle to pack up, lug tvs back and fourth, unpack, reclaibrate it etc.
2 replies
[OP]
Sep 4, 2016
607 posts
165 upvotes
Thanks ^.

As much of a hassle that it is, taking down, packing up, lugging around TVs is, I ended up exchanging it last night for another one and the new one is perfect, not a single dead pixel. Im happy now. It may have only been one dead pixel but I know that it will eventually become a mental thing and play mind games with me lol.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27627 posts
7976 upvotes
DiamondDallasPage wrote: Thanks ^.

As much of a hassle that it is, taking down, packing up, lugging around TVs is, I ended up exchanging it last night for another one and the new one is perfect
You could say you gave the old one...a trip to the diamond mine! Amirite? :D