Cell Phones

Has anyone switched from android to ios?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 11:47 am
Apr 25, 2019
739 posts
1344 upvotes
Have an iPhone 8 which was given to me by a friend when I broke my Samsung S8. I like the iPhone and am looking forward to the release of iOS 13, but the most annoying thing about it is the absurdly tiny amount of free iCloud storage- this might be the deciding factor for me to switch back to Android sooner than expected.
Public Mobile 5GB $29
Samsung Galaxy A53 owner.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15404 posts
10014 upvotes
Southern Ontario
My truck’s headunit is android, I had an iPhone X, currently using a backup 6P in transition, tried a Note10 from Costco, waiting on 11Pro this Fri. Stock iOS is not very customizable but fluid because it’s a standardized OS. I’ve rooted/modified androids in the past and been jailbreaking over 10y, I’m mostly an iPhone user. Some people could care less as long as the basics work for them.

You will prefer what you’re familiar with, typically based on ease of access and daily usage habits. It’s a completely personal preference.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8953 posts
1436 upvotes
So my wife recently made the switch the opposite way. She went from an X to a Huawei p30 pro. Overall she's been more then ok with the switch, I will agree some apps just work better on the iPhone then it does on the huawei, but that could just be because of emui, since my OnePlus 7p does not have these issues.

The benefits have been the following:
- more control of where files go, like pictures and stuff, better file system..
- better camera, like 100x better camera

Cons
- misses just a tad, iMessage I think.

The camera itself sold any types of limitations the Android has it what anyone can come up with. My wife loves taking photos and the quality is very DSLRish.

But I think people making the switch from an Android to iPhone might feel that ios just runs so smoothly.
Oct 26, 2016
300 posts
303 upvotes
Yes I did, I just miss the data limit feature to not go beyond my data usage Pensive Face
Sep 21, 2019
1 posts
iPhones are faster, but battery life on them tends to suck. I'm a power user so I get annoyed having to charge my phone midday. If they ever make an iPhone that can give me 7+hours of SOT I'll switch in a heartbeat.
Android offers more variety in phone choice, which allows you to purchase units best suited to you.
I prefer Google over iOS. But that's just me.
Sep 29, 2015
509 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just made this exact switch (Android to iOS) - from OnePlus 5 to an iPhone 11 pro.

At this point I’m not sold on iOS yet. Pros are the operating system smoothness and speed, apps, iMessage and cameras (on the new phones). Cons so far are CarPlay (behind Android Auto IMO), and certain tasks were just straight up easier on Android (eg. smart home toggles).

Even still, they are more similar than different. Really hoping Spotify / google maps voice control gets added to CarPlay soon :(
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2003
1983 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
I started out with Android but found the battery life was less than ideal (at the time).. so I switched to Windows Phone (whose OS is so much more efficient --> runs better even with really low specs).. was happy for awhile but then missed out on the different apps available so I took a dive into iOS. Now spoiled for choice with regards to apps, but willing to give up customization for a phone that just works (apps seem to be integrated better with OS) and I'm getting too old to bother monkeying around with slapping on different OS on a phone (a la linux on a PC). The one thing I would say that has impressed me is that I have gone from iOS 8 to iOS 12 (soon to be 13) on my iPhone SE where as a lot of Android phones would be lucky to see one or two OS updates (apart from Google Pixel phones)... I'm looking at you HTC (wife's M8 stuck on Android 6).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)