Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2023 3:18 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 21, 2021
38 posts
28 upvotes
It probably was the internal FS process selection, which ended during the spring, from what I heard. Someone posted on Reddit in August or so that s/he succeeded the internal FS process and was preparing to go on a posting.

I hope that you are right and that we will have the final results at the end of the month!
Sep 25, 2021
4 posts
Hi there, has anyone applied to this year's PARDP program? Just thought I'd start the conversation and any updates I receive. Nothing as of yet.
Nov 25, 2012
4 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
For Natural Resources Canada? The deadline is Oct 21, so I’m assuming they’ll review applications after that. I’ve also applied and haven’t heard anything yet.
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone declined to answer the ethics question and pass?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Nov 21, 2018
60 posts
35 upvotes
GAC's 2021 FS01 competition launched this morning, closes November 17th!
Dec 22, 2017
5 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone received news from GAC FS-01 2019 since the proof of ID check? They said they would get back by end of October, or maybe November to me. I would not be shocked if security clearances hold things up
Jul 25, 2021
8 posts
6 upvotes
No news since that step, and they told me the same thing when they checked the ID
Jul 21, 2021
38 posts
28 upvotes
No news for me neither. I hope they are not waiting for security clearance to tell if we succeeded the references, cause it could take awhile. Mine is not really advanced..
Jul 19, 2021
14 posts
17 upvotes
Also still waiting to hear :/ I’ve been checking my email so frequently haha. I wasn’t sure they’d meet end of Oct but I was naively hopeful. How do you know your security clearance is not advanced??
Jul 21, 2021
38 posts
28 upvotes
Because from what I understand, your security clearance is more advanced than mine. ;)
I only received a commissionnaire online form. I haven't heard about the longest form as you did if I understand well (character references and all this stuff) and some other people did.
Nov 2, 2021
3 posts
3 upvotes
Unlike many people I'm actually more concerned by sub-test 2 on judgement than sub-test 1. There are close to none examples on the government website and it is very unclear to me what exactly is the difference between the six response choices (very ineffictive, ineffictive, somewhat ineffective, somewhat effective, effective, very effective). Does anyone have tips on that sub-test?
Jul 21, 2021
38 posts
28 upvotes
There is a definition of each scale. Read them often when you hesitate between two scales. It's very useful.

The score is on four thousands something if I remember correctly, which probably means that if the right answer should be, for example, "very effective" and you choose "effective", you will get some points.

Often, there is more than one question refering to the same situation. You can compare the solutions together.

Also, you can think about if there is a better or worse answer, that can help you to estimate where the propose answer is on the scale.

What else... Don't involve your manager too easily, try to fix the problem yourself when you can, don't let a problem be solved by itself (because it doesn't), etc. This doesn't help with the scale, but just in case..

For the rest, trust your judgment... It is supposed to reflect your judgment, it should come more or less naturally. Even if we don't always do the right thing in real life, you probably know what you are supposed to do in the situation. Think about it.

I hope this helps.
Nov 2, 2021
3 posts
3 upvotes
SkyIsNoLimit wrote: There is a definition of each scale. Read them often when you hesitate between two scales. It's very useful.

The score is on four thousands something if I remember correctly, which probably means that if the right answer should be, for example, "very effective" and you choose "effective", you will get some points.

Often, there is more than one question refering to the same situation. You can compare the solutions together.

Also, you can think about if there is a better or worse answer, that can help you to estimate where the propose answer is on the scale.

What else... Don't involve your manager too easily, try to fix the problem yourself when you can, don't let a problem be solved by itself (because it doesn't), etc. This doesn't help with the scale, but just in case..

For the rest, trust your judgment... It is supposed to reflect your judgment, it should come more or less naturally. Even if we don't always do the right thing in real life, you probably know what you are supposed to do in the situation. Think about it.

I hope this helps.
This is extremely helpful thank you so much! I thought you either had points for the right answer or no points at all so it's great to know that we actually have some points if our answer is close to the best/right answer.
Nov 4, 2019
14 posts
3 upvotes
Does anyone have any tips for the FS-01 interview process? I got screened out after interviews for the FS-01 2019 Process and was hoping to get some advice to try and make it through this year's process.
Sep 25, 2021
4 posts
Anyone have news from PARDP yet? It's so hard not to obsessively check my email! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes At least even a rejection letter if I haven't made it would be cool!
Nov 25, 2012
4 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Got an email from PARDP today that I’ve been screened out. I’m quite baffled as I feel I strongly exceed all of the selection criteria and I noted in detail how I acquired the experience/met the competencies. But I guess they must have some very strong candidates this year. Good luck, I hope you get screened it!
Sep 25, 2021
4 posts
Hey all,

Just heard back from PARDP, didn't make it through :(

Congrats to those who have made it to the first round, good luck! :)
Sep 25, 2021
4 posts
I thought I had quite strong answers as well. I did a lot of research, got assistance from government officials to review my CV and explained my experience in detailed, STAR responses. I'm surprised. But like you said, perhaps there is some strong competition.

Good luck to those who made it!