Careers

Has anyone taken those situational tests for the PSC of Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2023 3:18 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2018
60 posts
35 upvotes
MashGhasem wrote: Excellent! Thanks.

So if my results for 370 pass muster, what's the next step? Interviews?
They didn't answer my follow up email lol but if it follows 2019, then once PSC finishes reviewing applications on their end, then it goes to GAC for review followed by whatever the next steps are. Last time it was an interview.
Jan 16, 2020
3 posts
Hey there!

Does anyone by chance have advice regarding the interview for GAC FSO? It was on that step that I was eliminated in the 2019 process and I would want to work on that as early as possible!

Thank you and best of luck to all
Jul 19, 2021
14 posts
17 upvotes
MashGhasem wrote: Excellent! Thanks.

So if my results for 370 pass muster, what's the next step? Interviews?
Then they will actually read your resume and screening questions you filled out. Someone will determine whether or not you meet the criteria laid out, based on the answers you provided. If you do, then yes, the first interview which for the 2019 comp had both written and oral components. Last year we did two rounds of interviews - if you passed the first, you did a role play for a board of people.
Jul 19, 2021
14 posts
17 upvotes
Paula123 wrote: Hey there!

Does anyone by chance have advice regarding the interview for GAC FSO? It was on that step that I was eliminated in the 2019 process and I would want to work on that as early as possible!

Thank you and best of luck to all
Maybe you already know this/did this but the advice I found most helpful was to memorize the definitions of the competencies they were evaluating (we got those defs by email prior to the interview) and keep them in the front of your mind as you’re formulating your responses. You have to prove that you meet the criteria according to that definition, so you can use those key words to guide your responses.
Jul 25, 2021
8 posts
6 upvotes
Question for those in GAC FS 2019 external recruitment: 1. Anyone has been told they were cleared for security? 2. Anyone who did the last step heard anything, except those selected for ab initio language training and except commercial stream ? Anyone hired for the political stream without ab initio language training?
Jul 21, 2021
38 posts
28 upvotes
It's not exactly the answer you were looking for, but I have been selected for ab initio hiring..!

They haven't finished with my security clearance. I guess it has to be done before the end of the language training, in my case.
Jul 25, 2021
8 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks for your answer. Yes my understanding is that those who are already bilingual will hear about their potential selection later, since they need the clearance before starting their position, and probably before being offered anything apart from ab initio training. I believe a top secret security clearance takes quite some time to be done...
Jul 21, 2021
38 posts
28 upvotes
You are probably right. They won't be offered a position yet as top secret security clearance take awhile (6-12 months from what I read) but they could be placed in a qualified pool while waiting for the security clearance. I read that somewhere... So at least one would know he succeeded and in which stream he will be placed.

Someone posted here that he was placed in a qualified pool. GAC is probably waiting for his security clearance.
Aug 17, 2013
31 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Hi,

I just completed the UIT PSEE 370 test. The link for ToJ didn't open, does that mean that I failed the ToR? I've read on this forum that this is what it meant, but wanted to confirm if anyone knows for sure.

Thank you.
Nov 18, 2021
6 posts
Did you apply for GAC's FS-01? If not then you might not have to do the judgement test. For me, both tests appeared at the same time. The result will be out later this month so I don't think you failed.
Jan 16, 2022
1 posts
Hello @MashGhasem, I also applied for the Foreign Service Officer position. I completed my tests a few days ago. Did you hear anything from them?
Jul 21, 2021
38 posts
28 upvotes
Lumalul wrote: Hello @MashGhasem, I also applied for the Foreign Service Officer position. I completed my tests a few days ago. Did you hear anything from them?
Based on the last process, you will probably hear from them in several months, if you have pass the mark for next step (review of your application). If not, they won't contact you.
Apr 25, 2017
151 posts
42 upvotes
For the recent post secondary FS process, it seems it is really different this year.

I applied this fall and a friend of mine did it too. She got invited to do the online exam and did them in December. I got my invitation mid-January, a month after. Around the same time, she got the invite to do her second language testing.

When she told me that, I got really surprised since normally this is the last step, after interviews and all.

So, I have no clue how the selection will be happening this time.
Jan 23, 2022
9 posts
9 upvotes
I also applied and did my test a week ago, but so far nothing... I know they still have a week or so to answer, but I am getting impatient! Has anyone received anything?
Last edited by HopefulApplicant on Jan 24th, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 16, 2020
3 posts
Samstiches wrote: Maybe you already know this/did this but the advice I found most helpful was to memorize the definitions of the competencies they were evaluating (we got those defs by email prior to the interview) and keep them in the front of your mind as you’re formulating your responses. You have to prove that you meet the criteria according to that definition, so you can use those key words to guide your responses.
Thank you I’ll definitely keep this in mind if given the chance again! I tried to do this but mainly prepared using the Polywogg guide – didn’t work out too well for me in the end :/
Jan 16, 2020
3 posts
If I did the TOR/TOJ online mid-December, should I have received something by now? Has anyone heard back since?
Apr 25, 2017
151 posts
42 upvotes
So my friend did her second language test yesterday for the FS process of this fall. And me I haven't even receive the results of my online tests.

Is there anyone else who were invited for the second language test?
Jan 23, 2022
9 posts
9 upvotes
Cyellow wrote: So my friend did her second language test yesterday for the FS process of this fall. And me I haven't even receive the results of my online tests.

Is there anyone else who were invited for the second language test?
By FS you mean the Foreign Services? If so, I haven't received my results either... However, since I did my test in French it might explain the delay... To be honest I have no idea. I'm checking in everyday but so far nothing...

(Patience is clearly not my strong suitSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat)
Apr 25, 2017
151 posts
42 upvotes
Well I did it in French too and so did my friend.

I just can't seem to understand why our exams were in different dates and how come she is already doing the language test.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)