Travel

Has anyone traveled to New Brunswick recently?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 11:27 am
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
29 posts
8 upvotes
Terrace

Has anyone traveled to New Brunswick recently?

What is the entry process like when entering from QC, or flying in?

Are they asking for any sort of proof/documentation if you're visiting family there?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22774 posts
21607 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
FYI ...
According to recent News Reports, since Early July ... the 4 Atlantic Provinces have chosen to shelter as a “friendly bubble”
(Vs just sheltering in place @ home)
So only residents of of NB - NS - PEI - and NFLD are allowed to travel about without needing to complete a 14 Day / 2 week Quarantine

Other than that THE ATLANTIC PROVINCES ARE EFFECTIVELY CLOSED TO NON ESSENTIAL TRAVELLERS

Here’s the most recent Govt of NB travel advisory pertaining to outsiders (July 20th)
https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Dep ... Notice.pdf
[OP]
Dec 16, 2010
29 posts
8 upvotes
Terrace
PointsHubby wrote: FYI ...
According to recent News Reports, since Early July ... the 4 Atlantic Provinces have chosen to shelter as a “friendly bubble”
(Vs just sheltering in place @ home)
So only residents of of NB - NS - PEI - and NFLD are allowed to travel about without needing to complete a 14 Day / 2 week Quarantine

Other than that THE ATLANTIC PROVINCES ARE EFFECTIVELY CLOSED TO NON ESSENTIAL TRAVELLERS

Here’s the most recent Govt of NB travel advisory pertaining to outsiders (July 20th)
https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Dep ... Notice.pdf
Thank you, but i was aware of that. My question is - what sort of supporting documentation (if any) i am required to present when entering the province to visit a family member (which is listed as a valid reason for entering NB)? And does the exemption only apply to immediate family, or extended family as well? I tried to search the internet, but could not find any details on this.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1425 posts
640 upvotes
zz_denis wrote: Thank you, but i was aware of that. My question is - what sort of supporting documentation (if any) i am required to present when entering the province to visit a family member (which is listed as a valid reason for entering NB)? And does the exemption only apply to immediate family, or extended family as well? I tried to search the internet, but could not find any details on this.
I'd imagine the only thing you need is to give them the address and contact info of your family member in case they need to verify the reason for your stay with them.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4909 posts
6124 upvotes
zz_denis wrote: Thank you, but i was aware of that. My question is - what sort of supporting documentation (if any)
Besides providing the address and contact information you'll be staying at its the honor code.
NB is not screwing around. Immediate fine the moment you're caught outside of where you are suppose to be.
Don't even stop to take a picture of that cute huge baked potato on the side of the highway outside of Grand-Falls.: Airport --> point of quarantine.
Born in raised in NB I can go home but am stuck as Casa Kraven until I return. Irony is my family lives in the middle of nowhere ...