Automotive

Has anyone tried the DK2 Hitch Mounted bike carrier from Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2022 2:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4217 posts
1822 upvotes
Kingston, ON

Has anyone tried the DK2 Hitch Mounted bike carrier from Costco?

Looking to get a 4 bike carrier and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with the DK2 Hitch Mounted 4 bike carrier from Costco? The model is BCR290. Link: https://www.costco.ca/dk2-hitch-mounted ... 37745.html

It will be used to travel fairly long distances ~4 hours and will transport 2x adult bikes and 2x kids bikes. I do have my heart set out for the Allen Sports 4 bike carrier but it's $100 more on Amazon.

Thanks for the advice.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2014
1041 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looks like pot metal. Do not trust.
Please respond
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1572 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
Go for a platform style. It's much easier to load and unload.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4217 posts
1822 upvotes
Kingston, ON
michiebaby wrote: Go for a platform style. It's much easier to load and unload.
Thanks but those are extremely expensive for 4 bikes. I have a budget to stick to.
Nov 30, 2015
427 posts
219 upvotes
GTA, ON
Kewals wrote: Looking to get a 4 bike carrier and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with the DK2 Hitch Mounted 4 bike carrier from Costco? The model is BCR290. Link: https://www.costco.ca/dk2-hitch-mounted ... 37745.html

It will be used to travel fairly long distances ~4 hours and will transport 2x adult bikes and 2x kids bikes. I do have my heart set out for the Allen Sports 4 bike carrier but it's $100 more on Amazon.

Thanks for the advice.
Did you end up buying this BCR290 model? What's your experience with what you bought? I'm going through the same research and decision making process right now. Thanks for any feedback.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
1795 posts
1564 upvotes
lazybummer wrote: Did you end up buying this BCR290 model? What's your experience with what you bought? I'm going through the same research and decision making process right now. Thanks for any feedback.
Reviews don't look good. Looks cheap. If you want similar function, get the Thule. I have the 3-bike helium rack and it works perfectly. The only problem is the price. I think I paid $399 or $499 about 10 years ago. Besides, cheap is not always good.

https://www.rackattack.com/ca/bike-rack ... gKO2vD_BwE
Feb 12, 2019
45 posts
102 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
Are these legal? The rear license plate would be blocked by the bikes on the rack.
Nov 30, 2015
427 posts
219 upvotes
GTA, ON
VincentT860655 wrote: Are these legal? The rear license plate would be blocked by the bikes on the rack.
Not legal based on what I see in this other thread on this specific question. But my feeling is that most officers use common sense and do exercise good judgement.
Link Here

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)