Health & Wellness

Has anyone tried Essential Clinic (or similar) for hair loss treatment?

[OP]
Feb 14, 2008
317 posts
203 upvotes

Has anyone tried Essential Clinic (or similar) for hair loss treatment?

Hey guys, I've been looking to try hair loss treatment and I stumbled upon Keeps (in the US) where they prescribe/deliver Finasteride and Minoxidil after an online consultation. I then found Essential Clinic (https://www.essentialclinic.ca/) here in Canada where they can write you a prescription to obtain said drugs. Due to the recent COVID outbreak, I figured finding an online consultation would be ideal since I no longer want to wait for this pandemic to be over to begin treatment. I was looking to get the ball rolling at least using someone like Essential Clinic. Has anyone tried these guys before? Are there other online consultation companies like this? Any help is appreciated.
13 replies
Feb 26, 2008
322 posts
147 upvotes
You answer a few simple questions and take photos of your hair. One of their doctors will send your prescription to your favourite pharmacy. My doctor would only prescribe me 1mg version and that costs so much. I got the 5mg version here and it was only $8 for 3 months with my coverage plus the fee that this clinic charges. Good luck bro.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24361 posts
33343 upvotes
Toronto
started shaving my head years ago.

none of the possible side effects of Finasteride sound appealing/worth it for me :

Side effects of Propecia include:
impotence,
loss of interest in sex,
trouble having an orgasm,
abnormal ejaculation,
swelling in your hands or feet,
swelling or tenderness in your breasts,
dizziness,
weakness,
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Aug 24, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes
Do not use Essentialclinic.ca !
Their wording on the website is extremely misleading and making you believe that their consultation comes with the price of the drug, you have to dig deep to find out that it isn't..
They will prescribe Finasteride for the whooping cost of $40 for 3 months or $80 for a year and that's just for the prescription while you'll pay the pharmacy much more for the drug itself..
Getting a prescription is completely FREE in Canada and you can just ask your family doctor for it, even by phone.
Sep 19, 2007
648 posts
118 upvotes
I found them to be great, well worth it! Sure you can probably save a few bucks ($39) if you go to your family doctor... your family doctor may refer you to a dermatologist. Threy might put you on rogaine first before giving you fin.

For me it saved me a lot of time, and running around and awkward conversations lol. $39 for a full year prescription is worth it to me.

I went on their website answered the questions, uploaded pics of my hair, and you also have to send in an upload of your health card or driver's license. I used my drivers license, I blacked out the drivers license number... Overall online application was super smooth. I heard back from them within 24 hours and was approved.

Since covid is going on it took the pharmacy 2 days to call me back. I bought the full years worth 5mg (cut the pills yourself, not a big deal). It's about $13 month. Side effects for me are zero... There are so many people taking it via essential clinic, keeps, hims etc... that I think the side affects, while they do exist, affect a very small percentage of people... Best not worry about it.

Any way, I'd definitely use essential again and do recommend them, the price isn't a big deal. If you are being that much of redflager, shave your head and save $ on shampoo and all lol

Good luck.
Jan 20, 2009
25 posts
3 upvotes
Do any of you who used Essentialclinic in the past know which pharmacy they recommend you use for their subscription?
[OP]
Feb 14, 2008
317 posts
203 upvotes
silvy wrote: Do any of you who used Essentialclinic in the past know which pharmacy they recommend you use for their subscription?
You can pickup at any local pharmacy of your choice. They'll ask you.

I've been using Essential Clinic for almost a year now, and so far so good. Starting to see results. I take Finasteride, Minoxidil, and 10,00mcg Biotine pill once every day. Side effects were minor in the first week or two but I'm completely fine now. No side effects at all.
Banned
Oct 8, 2020
606 posts
494 upvotes
There is no cure to hair loss.
Baldness is result of genetics and male hormones called androgens.
Go ahead and mess with your hormones.

But a lot of people get rich from hair loss remedies.
- - - > Life is a waste of time.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2008
317 posts
203 upvotes
johntaylor1665 wrote: Do you need to visit a doctor each time you need your prescription refilled?
No but you do need to pay for them to write you a new prescription though. You can do 3 month refills or a whole years worth of refills. Everything is done virtually so you don't really see a doctor btw.
Oct 21, 2013
148 posts
52 upvotes
Tyrannosaurland
Thaid wrote: No but you do need to pay for them to write you a new prescription though. You can do 3 month refills or a whole years worth of refills. Everything is done virtually so you don't really see a doctor btw.
I pay them $19 for a 3 month script of Dutasteride. My insurance benefits pays for the pills. If you have an enlarged prostrate, this is for you. A side effect of these pills is a scalp full of growing hair.
When your Finerasteride stops working, switch to Dutasteride. This is based on my experience with this drug. YMMV. See your doctor before taking this.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2008
317 posts
203 upvotes
Tyrannosaur wrote: I pay them $19 for a 3 month script of Dutasteride. My insurance benefits pays for the pills. If you have an enlarged prostrate, this is for you. A side effect of these pills is a scalp full of growing hair.
When your Finerasteride stops working, switch to Dutasteride. This is based on my experience with this drug. YMMV. See your doctor before taking this.
Interesting way of wording that lol. Any other side effects you experienced? My friend reported lower libido but not sure how low. Might switch to this once my FIn stops working.
Oct 21, 2013
148 posts
52 upvotes
Tyrannosaurland
Thaid wrote: Interesting way of wording that lol. Any other side effects you experienced? My friend reported lower libido but not sure how low. Might switch to this once my FIn stops working.
No other side effects for me. Everything still works. I no longer cringe in the mirror. I no longer wear a hat. I may be vain, but I love hair.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.