Shopping Discussion

Has anyone used Sellyourelectronics.ca before?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2014 5:18 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2007
151 posts
7 upvotes

Has anyone used Sellyourelectronics.ca before?

I just stumbled upon this site, and seems pretty legit. I was wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with them. Thanks.
43 replies
Aug 29, 2012
1 posts
VANCOUVER
Sent them my phone, and never heard from them again. Was supposed to get verification and a check but nada. Got scammed by Sellyourelectronics.ca.
Sep 5, 2012
1 posts
DeeDee23 wrote: Sent them my phone, and never heard from them again. Was supposed to get verification and a check but nada. Got scammed by Sellyourelectronics.ca.
I was about to use them. Have you tried contacting Mike on Twitter? I asked him if they were still around. hasn't tweeted since march though.
https://twitter.com/MikeSYE
Feb 18, 2011
69 posts
7 upvotes
sounds like a scam maybe I know they have something similar in US called Gazelle I was going to use them also since the launch today the prices have dropped by 30 bucks I wonder how many other people might be getting scammed
Oct 10, 2012
1 posts
Hi guys. I am Sarah, and I work at SellYourElectronics
I just wanted to say that since the iphone 5 was announced, we were mentioned in some newspapers across Canada like the Toronto Star and Lapresse and others. Since, you have sent more than 150 box per day for more than 2 weeks now (keep in mind that each box has on average 2 to 3 phones). We are currently sending more than 100 shipping kit daily and we receive on average 300 emails daily (we are currently not able to attend completely to your emails for the next few days). Many of us are working extra time including late at night.
So I just wanted to say that we are working hard to offer you the best customer service. Your satisfaction is very important for us.
I am very happy and proud to be working at a company that cares for and helps clean our environment. If you have any questions, complaints, or suggestions please email me personally and I will do my best to answer you back within few hours (please provide as much details as possible in your emails)
Here is my email (no spam please): [email protected]
Take care,
Sarah :)
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11366 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Okay, that sums it up. I would NEVER deal with this company. For all the reasons this alleged spokesperson says it's good--these are scammy reasons. AVOID.
SarahCervetti wrote: Hi guys. I am Sarah, and I work at SellYourElectronics
I just wanted to say that since the iphone 5 was announced, we were mentioned in some newspapers across Canada like the Toronto Star and Lapresse and others. Since, you have sent more than 150 box per day for more than 2 weeks now (keep in mind that each box has on average 2 to 3 phones). We are currently sending more than 100 shipping kit daily and we receive on average 300 emails daily (we are currently not able to attend completely to your emails for the next few days). Many of us are working extra time including late at night.
So I just wanted to say that we are working hard to offer you the best customer service. Your satisfaction is very important for us.
I am very happy and proud to be working at a company that cares for and helps clean our environment. If you have any questions, complaints, or suggestions please email me personally and I will do my best to answer you back within few hours (please provide as much details as possible in your emails)
Here is my email (no spam please): [email protected]
Take care,
Sarah :)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1797 posts
1313 upvotes
Center of the univer…
If you are afraid, try using instantsale.ebay.ca

Almost the same price for most of the items, and more reliable
Jan 3, 2007
15 posts
Toronto
Just to continue this discussion, in case someone might find it helpful and informative, I'll offer my very recent experience with SellYourElectronics.ca...

I have used them to sell my iPhone4 16GB for the offered price of $219 in the first half of December 2012. As promised they have sent a shipping box and label to me very promptly. Within a few days of shipping the equipment back to them I got a very encouraging acknowledgement from their representative Sarah Cervetti (same Sarah as mentioned above in this thread), I've pasted the e-mail that I got from Sarah below:

-------
Hello (...my name...),

I am happy to inform you that we have officially received your box. Next, we will be checking it, and then process your payments within 5 working days.
So, expect a follow up email very soon.

Kind Regards,
Sarah Cervetti,
Senior Trade Assistant,
Sell Your Electronics Inc.
-----

The above e-mail dated December 14, 2012, today is January 14, 2013 - exactly 1 month has passed with no word from SellYourElectronics (and no cheque!).

At this point I have sent several e-mails to their support and to Sarah with no response whatsoever. I am still hopeful and optimistic that such a delay is caused by the "holiday rush", but my optimism is fading fast. I'll be updating this thread on a weekly basis until such time that the situation is resolved (either favorably or not).

ai03
Jan 14, 2013
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6918 posts
1447 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Why can't we have something good like gazelle.com in Canada? :(
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9082 posts
2086 upvotes
SarahCervetti wrote: I am very happy and proud to be working at a company that cares for and helps clean our environment.
Reading shite like this alone makes me not want to use their service. I'm sure this is not their number 1 priority.
Oct 30, 2011
1 posts
MAPLE
I too am in the same boat as others who sent their iphone to them. 3 weeks after they received my phone and 4 unanswered emails later...nothing!
I've filed complaints against them to various sites. I encourage others to do the same.
Better Business Bureau
http://www.occq-qcco.com

I was able to find the company info from whois:

WHOIS information for sellyourelectronics.ca:***

[Querying whois.cira.ca]
[whois.cira.ca]
Domain name: sellyourelectronics.ca
Domain status: registered
Creation date: 2010/12/13
Expiry date: 2013/12/13
Updated date: 2012/11/24
Registrar:
Name: dot-ca-registry.ca (Burmac Business Systems Ltd)
Number: 338341
Registrant:
Name: MAS Sell Your Electronics Inc.
Administrative contact:
Name: Mike Sabbagh
Postal address: 5543 Earle Street
Montreal QC H4W1N6 Canada
Phone: +1.5145832159
Fax:
Email: [email protected]
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
I don't get why people go through so much trouble. If that site is going to offer you $210 for an Iphone 4, why not just sell it for $185 on ebay? It'll go right away, and you're not really losing much.
Jan 3, 2007
15 posts
Toronto
This is my weekly update of the issues some of us face with SellYourElectronics.ca.

At this point I have made multiple attempts at contact with SellYourElectronics.ca via
a) e-mails to the following:
a. Mike Sabbagh at [email protected],
b. Sarah Cervetti at [email protected],
c. [email protected],
b) the actual site “contact us” form
c) Phone: +1(514)583-2159 (always “Hi, it’s Mike, leave a message…” answering service)
d) Various other avenues:
a. http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/Mirro ... 1/9.html#8
b. http://montrealtechwatch.com/2011/07/19 ... o-founder/

I am now not at all hopeful that I’ll ever see the money, but I am looking for the help and advice of this good community on how to proceed in such a way as to:
a) Expose this site and the man behind it (Mike Sabbagh) as a fraud
b) Close the site
c) Prevent (or at least strongly discourage) Mr. Sabbagh from any further similar activities

I am looking forward to constructive ideas on how to proceed. Please let’s not post questionable/illegal/childish ideas (like ordering a mailing box from them, but instead of and iPhone mailing back a …blank…).

I have also included below the last e-mail sent to all of the above mentioned addresses (with no reply as of yet).

ai03
Jan. 21, 2013

------- e-mail -----

Dear Mr. M. Sabbagh,

Please find attached below e-mails to Sarah Cervetti and to [email protected].

Today is exactly one month anniversary from the date that I have received an acknowledgement of receipt of my equipment by SellYourElectronics.ca (also attached below). As of this morning I still have not received any replies to my e-mails (or any payment) from SellYourElectronics.ca.

I implore you to look into this issue very carefully and advise me as soon as possible with the steps you are planning to take towards it’s resolution.

In the mean time I have posted on the forum at RedFlagDeals.com in a thread related to SellYourElectronics.ca (please refer to this link: has-anyone-used-sellyourelectronics-ca-before-1199817/). I am planning to update the post on a weekly basis until the issue exhausts itself.

Please note that should I not receive any reply outlining concrete steps and timeframes towards resolution of this issue by Monday January 21 (i.e. in one week) I will have no choice but to assume your utter unwillingness to help me. Thus I will start acting under assumption that your organization is a fraud and my equipment was stolen. In such a case I will:

a) report my equipment stolen to Rogers (IMEI: 012845002956773 device will be flagged as stolen)
b) report the incident to local police department (32 division at 30 Ellerslie Ave., Toronto)

However, I am still truly hopeful that this is just some kind of misunderstanding and we will be able to resolve the situation amicably.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail.

---------------
Jan 30, 2013
1 posts
Hello I just recently found your post and had sent my iphone about 2 weeks back and same issue as yourself have had no communications from them, did you recieve the money for your product? I am very frustrated as I was selling my iphone to pay my rent this month and now I am terribly screwed!!! I haven't been able to sleep and don't know what else to do... I just want to know if they eventually got back to you or not? And is there anything that anyone has done here about these scammers? :mad:

ai03 wrote: This is my weekly update of the issues some of us face with SellYourElectronics.ca.

At this point I have made multiple attempts at contact with SellYourElectronics.ca via
a) e-mails to the following:
a. Mike Sabbagh at [email protected],
b. Sarah Cervetti at [email protected],
c. [email protected],
b) the actual site “contact us” form
c) Phone: +1(514)583-2159 (always “Hi, it’s Mike, leave a message…” answering service)
d) Various other avenues:
a. http://www.myvirtualpaper.com/doc/Mirro ... 1/9.html#8
b. http://montrealtechwatch.com/2011/07/19 ... o-founder/

I am now not at all hopeful that I’ll ever see the money, but I am looking for the help and advice of this good community on how to proceed in such a way as to:
a) Expose this site and the man behind it (Mike Sabbagh) as a fraud
b) Close the site
c) Prevent (or at least strongly discourage) Mr. Sabbagh from any further similar activities

I am looking forward to constructive ideas on how to proceed. Please let’s not post questionable/illegal/childish ideas (like ordering a mailing box from them, but instead of and iPhone mailing back a …blank…).

I have also included below the last e-mail sent to all of the above mentioned addresses (with no reply as of yet).

ai03
Jan. 21, 2013

------- e-mail -----

Dear Mr. M. Sabbagh,

Please find attached below e-mails to Sarah Cervetti and to [email protected].

Today is exactly one month anniversary from the date that I have received an acknowledgement of receipt of my equipment by SellYourElectronics.ca (also attached below). As of this morning I still have not received any replies to my e-mails (or any payment) from SellYourElectronics.ca.

I implore you to look into this issue very carefully and advise me as soon as possible with the steps you are planning to take towards it’s resolution.

In the mean time I have posted on the forum at RedFlagDeals.com in a thread related to SellYourElectronics.ca (please refer to this link: has-anyone-used-sellyourelectronics-ca-before-1199817/). I am planning to update the post on a weekly basis until the issue exhausts itself.

Please note that should I not receive any reply outlining concrete steps and timeframes towards resolution of this issue by Monday January 21 (i.e. in one week) I will have no choice but to assume your utter unwillingness to help me. Thus I will start acting under assumption that your organization is a fraud and my equipment was stolen. In such a case I will:

a) report my equipment stolen to Rogers (IMEI: 012845002956773 device will be flagged as stolen)
b) report the incident to local police department (32 division at 30 Ellerslie Ave., Toronto)

However, I am still truly hopeful that this is just some kind of misunderstanding and we will be able to resolve the situation amicably.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail.

---------------
Jan 30, 2013
1 posts
London
It's been about 3 weeks since I sent them my i-phone 3GS. No response, and no reply to 3 emails. I am considering filing a criminal complaint for mail fraud.
Jan 3, 2007
15 posts
Toronto
I am sorry to say but - NO - I have not got my money.

At this point I have tried absolutely all I can with no results or any response from them. I am giving until the end of February on an off-chance they are just delaying due to volume of business (not that I believe it), after I am filing police report. Unfortunately filing a report will not get my money back, hopefully, it'll somehow punish the guilty. Another thing that I am considering is speaking to the Global News (they might pick up the story).

All the best to you, KMANDJ, and hope you'll make it, sorry didn't have anything better to tell you. I encourage you to try all you can to get your money and hope your experience is more rewarding than mine - if not, file the report with the police and spread the word about those crooks.

ai03
Feb. 5, 2013
Jan 3, 2007
15 posts
Toronto
Situation update!!!
A glimmer of hope…

After all of my efforts and letters, after losing all hope for any sort of amicable resolution and after committing to filing police report past end of February (as per indication in my last post) last night I get this e-mail from Sarah Cervetti:

----------
Hello (…my name…),

I am happy to inform you that a check for $219 was delivered today to
Canadapost and mailed to the following address:
(…my address…)

We hope you enjoyed doing business with us.
Regards,
Sarah Cervetti
Senior Trade Assistant,
Sell Your Electronics Inc.
----------

If what this e-mail says is true I should be receiving a cheque from Sellyourelectronics within about 5 business days. I will be posting an update in one week or as soon as the cheque is received (whichever comes first).

ai03
Feb. 26, 2013
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2490 posts
381 upvotes
Ajax
What a business, so they get phones sent to them, basically free inventory, try to flog it, when it sells they cut you a cheque. They can move a ton of product and just disappear.