PC & Video Games

Has anyone's preorder of smash Bros on Amazon gotten a delivery date yet?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2018 10:59 am
Tags:
None
Jun 4, 2016
255 posts
76 upvotes
The question was about Amazon, not Walmart or best buy.

Prime is becoming useless when it comes to games because although amazon has its own delivery service they don't seem to be able to deliver games on time recently. Mine says it's delivering between December 11 and 14. Absolute crock of crap when we are paying for prime yearly and they can't get a game out to you on time. Unacceptable.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1355 posts
1346 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Got Shoppers Optimum offer of 22,500 points when you spend $75 so picked it up there. Better deal.

Cancelled my Amazon order.
Jan 24, 2008
518 posts
80 upvotes
Edmonton
MechanicalMan64 wrote: Walmart
Are you from Missisauga? Or Ontario? Mine shows its shipping from there, so my guess is that if you're close to that it would be delivered same day, but for everyone else not within that area, you'd be SoL for a today delivery.
Oct 7, 2012
163 posts
54 upvotes
Just got mine!

Who is doing group-buys for yearly online memberships!?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
My 2018 E2 Walmart Pre-order arrived on time today from Missisauga to Oshawa. Kudos to WM again and really Canada Post who made it happen all within 24 hrs. Now if I could only get a package that has been in the system for 5 weeks. :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Amazon Prime has an estimated delivery date of Wednesday next week.
I have been a paid Amazon Prime member for over 3 years now.

Walmart somehow delivered it today via Canada Post.

Amazon Prime Canada has been pathetic lately even though they use their own couriers in Toronto.
I received my Amazon.com USA 4K blu-ray orders from Black Friday via USPS to Canada Post before my Amazon.ca Prime orders.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
XFactor11 wrote: Amazon Prime has an estimated delivery date of Wednesday next week.
I have been a paid Amazon Prime member for over 3 years now.

Walmart somehow delivered it today via Canada Post.

Amazon Prime Canada has been pathetic lately even though they use their own couriers in Toronto.
I received my Amazon.com USA 4K blu-ray orders from Black Friday via USPS to Canada Post before my Amazon.ca Prime orders.
Go into chat mode with them and tell them they are not honoring their prime delivery standards. Look for credits and adding months onto your membership.
Jan 25, 2008
230 posts
50 upvotes
BornToSave wrote: Got Shoppers Optimum offer of 22,500 points when you spend $75 so picked it up there. Better deal.

Cancelled my Amazon order.

Which shoppers were you able to get it from? Checked 4 in Mississauga with no success
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2682 posts
1779 upvotes
Durham
EvidenceDeals wrote: Just got mine!

Who is doing group-buys for yearly online memberships!?
I would be interested..
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2279 posts
2192 upvotes
I dont want to start a new thread.
I pre-ordered with Best Buy Canada for the ultimate ltd edition and bonus pin in September.
Any rfder got both together?
I recd mine yesterday except the pin. I checked my order status and it shown OOS for the pin.
Very strange, no sign of 2nd parcel if shipped separately plus no info/email from BB.
I still am patient but hope BB put matters in order before 25th.
“Ninety percent of all human wisdom is the ability to mind your own business.”
— Robert A. Heinlein
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered Smash Bros in June from Amazon for $59. I also got notice that the shipment was delayed, so I spoke to Amazon Customer Service just now and was offered $25 Amazon credit along with a 1 month extension on my Prime membership.
Nov 26, 2013
801 posts
729 upvotes
Winnipeg
Did anyone else get a $50 credit from Bestbuy because their copy of the special edition shipped late?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Random question but what are the benefits of buying a physical copy opposed to a digital key? I noticed a bunch of people are already selling their hard copies for slightly lower prices than retail. Are people redeeming their points or something for this to get cash in return?
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Physical carts are ready to play right away. Plus you get something tangible like the cartridge, game case, artwork etc.

Digital versions have to be downloaded obviously. If you delete the digital version to make space for something else, you would have to re-download it all over again
when you want to play it.

There were phsyical game pre-orders for $49 + tax at walmart during E3 time (June) and later amazon for $59+ tax.
EnyCe wrote: Random question but what are the benefits of buying a physical copy opposed to a digital key? I noticed a bunch of people are already selling their hard copies for slightly lower prices than retail. Are people redeeming their points or something for this to get cash in return?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
XFactor11 wrote: Physical carts are ready to play right away. Plus you get something tangible like the cartridge, game case, artwork etc.

Digital versions have to be downloaded obviously. If you delete the digital version to make space for something else, you would have to re-download it all over again
when you want to play it.

There were phsyical game pre-orders for $49 + tax at walmart during E3 time (June) and later amazon for $59+ tax.
Thanks for the clarification, I haven't owned a console in years so I'm out of loop. I know Xbox and PS do online and are transferrable, I'm just surprised Nintendo hasn't done this yet.

Those preorder prices were a steal...really, 50% off..? It goes for $80 + tax now.
Aug 27, 2006
817 posts
376 upvotes
Delta
When I called on Friday I was told it would arrive Monday. I called Purolator yesterday and was told it was going to arrive Tuesday (today). However, when I called Purolator for an update today because I did not see it out for delivery, they advised it is delayed until at least tomorrow. To add insult to injury, as a Prime member, I can reorder the game right now for same day delivery tonight. I followed up with Amazon and they placed a new order of the game, at no charge to me, to arrive tonight.
:twisted: In order to save money, you must spend money. :twisted:
Jul 11, 2018
276 posts
271 upvotes
I’m in the west.

Has anyone gotten their copy of smash yet?

Mine has a delivery date of the 20th now, ridiculous considering all my other CP packages are here and fine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)