Health & Wellness

Has anything in your life caught you off guard?

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2021 11:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble

Has anything in your life caught you off guard?

I took a picture the other day and didn’t realized I had started to grey. Totally took me for a whirlwind and was bugging me for the whole day; still does if I’m honest.

Straight on I don’t see it but they say the camera captures more reality than meets the eye.
15 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22804 posts
21639 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lol … unplanned pregnancy ?

Sometimes when you have multiple kids, at least the timing of one wasn’t exactly planned to happen when it did.
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
31892 posts
18884 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote: Lol … unplanned pregnancy ?

Sometimes when you have multiple kids, at least the timing of one wasn’t exactly planned to happen when it did.
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
More joy brought to the household but expect to lose some major sleep Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1404 posts
1645 upvotes
GTA
Always thought the aging process for an Asian would be relatively problem-free physical health-wise until 50 then it would start turning south. I probably got this naive idea subconsciously from how youthful even middle-aged Asians can look and somehow translated that to good physical health. Life decided to teach me that the physical aging process can begin as early as your early 30s and it took sometime to shift this understanding. Watching videos of seniors working out really shattered my initial understanding of what aging is like.


Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
25994 posts
10705 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I would wonder if health is the major caught off guard thing?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22804 posts
21639 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Quentin5 wrote: I would wonder if health is the major caught off guard thing?
Probably because it’s one thing in life we have so little control over … be it our health or someone else’s
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
weedb0y wrote: Mental health
This is depressing as hell TO WATCH much less be,

Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
25994 posts
10705 upvotes
Socially Distanced
PointsHubby wrote: Probably because it’s one thing in life we have so little control over … be it our health or someone else’s
Indeed plus also it affects so much. If you don't have your health little else matters as much.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
31892 posts
18884 upvotes
Toronto
Passing of my younger sister (died from cancer when she was in her mid 30’s). 🥲
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22804 posts
21639 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
booblehead wrote: Passing of my younger sister (died from cancer when she was in her mid 30’s). 🥲
Yup an untimely death is the worst
Esp when the one going is the same age, or younger than you are

The Unexpected Losing of a best friend, or a sibling can be heartbreaking
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2504 upvotes
QuicKi7 wrote: Always thought the aging process for an Asian would be relatively problem-free physical health-wise until 50 then it would start turning south. I probably got this naive idea subconsciously from how youthful even middle-aged Asians can look and somehow translated that to good physical health. Life decided to teach me that the physical aging process can begin as early as your early 30s and it took sometime to shift this understanding...
Older generation azns ate differently and lived different lifestyles. It is very dangerous to assume that because ur grandma lived to a ripe old age with little infirmity that it was due to genetics.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13042 posts
8285 upvotes
Markham
Not sure this is related to the topic since seems everyone is talking about physical things

But could be also personality: for example, you thought you were shy but people think you are extrovert
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
booblehead wrote: Passing of my younger sister (died from cancer when she was in her mid 30’s). 🥲
Damn.

Our time is just around the corner. Never really know when.

Reminds me of this guy. His video just popped up in my feed.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)