Food & Drink

Has Neilson Yogurt line been discontinued?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2011 10:37 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 10, 2011
2 posts
Toronto

Has Neilson Yogurt line been discontinued?

Been searching for over a week for this product and it seems to have disappeared. Anyone heard what's happened to it?

Cheers..
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1839 posts
429 upvotes
You can find it at Superstores in BC so I'd imagine you could find it in any Loblaw's chain.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 26, 2002
6065 posts
467 upvotes
BC
I have found that only the stirred is available, no more fruit on bottom.... that was my favourite!!!!
That's my 2cents worth
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 10, 2011
2 posts
Toronto
Keelie wrote: I have found that only the stirred is available, no more fruit on bottom.... that was my favourite!!!!
I was buying Vanilla Low Fat from No Frills. This week all labeling in the dairy case was removed and now they are carrying Beatrice FOB flavours.
Member
User avatar
Apr 2, 2004
340 posts
44 upvotes
self isolating
ykram57 wrote: I was buying Vanilla Low Fat from No Frills. This week all labeling in the dairy case was removed and now they are carrying Beatrice FOB flavours.

I noticed that too at my local No Frills. Hope someone has an answer.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 25, 2005
6635 posts
177 upvotes
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was really good, but had to stop eating it because it was just too high in calories and fat. Easily the best of the yogurt cups I've had. Shame if true.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 11, 2008
7445 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
According to this, it is being discontinued:

http://dontai.com/wp/2011/02/09/neilson ... continued/

From the above link:
Today I called Neilson’s toll free line (1-800-672-8866) and was told the yogurt line has been discontinued. No reason stated. No alternative product suggested.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Newbie
Jan 24, 2010
11 posts
Niagara Falls
I believe Neilson yogurt was a private label product - branded with Neilson's name but made by another company. Since Neilson is no longer property of Loblaw, they can no longer brand products with the Neilson name that are not actually made by Neilson. Same reason the butter changed over to No Name. Beatrice is doing all the basic flavours but not the fat free and Fresh Flavours varieties, since they had additives in the recipe and Beatrice is against food additives.
Newbie
Jan 5, 2010
74 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
eiad77 wrote: You can find it at Superstores in BC so I'd imagine you could find it in any Loblaw's chain.

I don't think you can get them at Superstores anymore. I believe they now carry foremost yogurt.
Newbie
Mar 21, 2006
6 posts
Is this some kind of sick joke? There is no other yogurt like Neilson. What am I going to do?
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18619 posts
1918 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Sonny Jim wrote: I believe Neilson yogurt was a private label product - branded with Neilson's name but made by another company. Since Neilson is no longer property of Loblaw, they can no longer brand products with the Neilson name that are not actually made by Neilson. Same reason the butter changed over to No Name. Beatrice is doing all the basic flavours but not the fat free and Fresh Flavours varieties, since they had additives in the recipe and Beatrice is against food additives.

You come off like some Beatrice rep. All that information sounds very pollyannish to be true.

Looks like they were acquired by Saputo Inc. based in QC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neilson_Dairy
Newbie
Mar 15, 2011
1 posts
Sonny Jim wrote: I believe Neilson yogurt was a private label product - branded with Neilson's name but made by another company. Since Neilson is no longer property of Loblaw, they can no longer brand products with the Neilson name that are not actually made by Neilson. Same reason the butter changed over to No Name. Beatrice is doing all the basic flavours but not the fat free and Fresh Flavours varieties, since they had additives in the recipe and Beatrice is against food additives.

My husband loves this yogurt, so I was wondering if you could tell us since you appear to know that it was a "private label product" who the private label maker was?? If I knew who the ACTUAL maker of this yogurt was, perhaps there is a chance of getting some even if it is straight from the private maker! There is really no other yogurt like it. This week I bought the replacement Beatrice product and my husband freaked out. I personally didn't like the switch either as it didn't taste as good-additives or not.
Newbie
May 8, 2011
1 posts
BURNABY
I allways have few handred of them in my freezer. but it will only last for few month only :-(
Newbie
Jan 24, 2010
11 posts
Niagara Falls
cjunk wrote: My husband loves this yogurt, so I was wondering if you could tell us since you appear to know that it was a "private label product" who the private label maker was?? If I knew who the ACTUAL maker of this yogurt was, perhaps there is a chance of getting some even if it is straight from the private maker! There is really no other yogurt like it. This week I bought the replacement Beatrice product and my husband freaked out. I personally didn't like the switch either as it didn't taste as good-additives or not.

Parmalat made the Neilson yogurt, but they also own Beatrice, so maybe Beatrice is a separate division with their own recipes and whatnot - I really have no idea and I don't know why they would change the recipe. Parmalate does all noname and PC yogurts, so maybe try one of them. The fat-free tubs of noname yogurt sell better than anything else, so I assume they're good.

Also, supercooled, I'm no Beatrice rep I just work in the dairy department at a grocery store and thought I'd give a little insight.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4494 posts
1046 upvotes
Regina
dairyland yogurt is killer, too bad they didnt have it in probiotic

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)