Personal Finance

has PC Financial MasterCard issued new cards with chips yet?

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2010 1:36 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1733 posts
567 upvotes
GMA
angel_wing0 wrote: ..so pcf has an agreement with Exchange/National Bank in Quebec but not the rest of Canada...?!
Sorry about that. It is HSBC, not PCF. PCF is only accessible through CIBC ABM's as there's no PCF ABMs in Quebec.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1733 posts
567 upvotes
GMA
angel_wing0 wrote: okay glad u clarified. :razz:
That's what happens when doing more than one thing at the same time.

But the information about PCF being available to Quebec residents is still correct. All features except RSP are fully supported given that the customer opens the account/product instore.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21124 posts
5803 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
mada726 wrote: I wish that there should be a way on linking my PC MasterCard with my PC bank card - either by on the telephone or online. Is that possible?

By combining my PC MasterCard with my PC debit card, the "process" is simply "streamlined".

One other thing, I cannot explain why PC Financial cannot set up shop in Quebec for it's no fee bank account....how will Quebecers be able to open such an account?
PC MasterCard and PC Financial Bank are not the same company (but they brand themselves as such.)
- casual gastronomist -
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
2023 posts
153 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
Jucius Maximus wrote: PC MasterCard and PC Financial Bank are not the same company (but they brand themselves as such.)
I'm talking about the PC points system. How can I combine the PC points of my MasterCard, into the PC points of my bank card?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21124 posts
5803 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
My PC Points for banking and MC have always been in the same bucket.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1733 posts
567 upvotes
GMA
mada726 wrote: I'm talking about the PC points system. How can I combine the PC points of my MasterCard, into the PC points of my bank card?
I had a similar issue after adding the credit card. Just give a call to the toll free number for PC Points and they'll fix it in 2min.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
100 upvotes
You might want to think twice about getting a chip card, or linking your debit card functions on your credit card.

Transactions with the chip and PIN tend to be slower and less convenient at the moment than the old swipe and signature method. Even in parts of the world like Europe that have mostly switched, they will still accept the old swipe cards without a chip and PIN.

The purpose of the chip and PIN system is not to protect you, but to protect the bank by allowing them to deny claims for fraudulent use of your card number (even though chip and PIN security has already been compromised by criminals). Never happened to you? Don't stick your head in the sand - sooner or later it will happen, and only then will you discover what your bank's policy is.

And you should never, ever link your debit and credit functions on one card. Consider the potential for loss if your card is ever compromised.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)