Tags:
[OP]
Jan 2, 2015
486 posts
439 upvotes
Montréal area

Hatchback car suggestions?

Hi!

I have a Nissan Versa SL 2009 that I would like to change. I'm looking for car manufactured 2 or 3 years ago that check the requirements below, would you have suggestions?

- Hatchback car (I love the size and configuration of my Nissan Versa)
- Android Auto
- Heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel (if possible)
- A WORKING and FAST heater (I don't have hot vent until I drive like 5-10 min... with my Nissa Versa)

I'm looking for an ads or anything like that, just some models that you might know and you think check this list :)

Thanks a lot!
54 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1147 posts
1381 upvotes
Barrie, ON
VW Golf. Although I'm fairly certain no heated steering wheel.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8003 posts
614 upvotes
Brampton
I would choose a vw golf as well. However no heated steering wheel on any year.

Would be able to find some good deals on 2-3 year old models tho.

2016-2018 would be my pick with the 1.8L motor. Tho the 1.4 does provide better fuel economy.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4705 posts
3812 upvotes
secretliar wrote: Hi!

I have a Nissan Versa SL 2009 that I would like to change. I'm looking for car manufactured 2 or 3 years ago that check the requirements below, would you have suggestions?

- Android Auto
- Heated front seats
- A WORKING and FAST heater (I don't have hot vent until I drive like 5-10 min... with my Nissa Versa)

I'm looking for an ads or anything like that, just some models that you might know and you think check this list :)

Thanks a lot!
2018 mazda3 hatch preferably in GT trim with the 2.5L. Has heated steering, AA/CP etc, all the current safety features except dynamic cruise control) and everything on your list .

Also way more reliable and cheaper maintenance than most cars especially any used VW . Avoid VW unless leasing, they're even worse than Audi/BMW. This coming from a current BMW (M4) and Audi (TT-RS) owner and former vw owner (2x GTI)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5293 posts
2854 upvotes
Toronto
Corolla Hatchback. Why isn't everyone not suggesting rfd car? It even comes with dual port direct injectors.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1430 posts
1260 upvotes
Kia Soul is probably the only one that has all of those
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9682 posts
9141 upvotes
Markham
Golf, if you like functionality and driving dynamics.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13674 posts
7813 upvotes
Toronto
secretliar wrote: Hi!

- Android Auto
- Heated front seats

Thanks a lot!
No budget?

Ferrari GTC4Lusso

https://www.caranddriver.com/ferrari/gtc4lusso
Dec 10, 2007
622 posts
447 upvotes
Arviat
Golf. Golf. Golf!

Base model comes standard with AA/Carplay, heated seats, heated side mirrors, and back-up camera.

As another poster noted, 2016-18 is the sweet spot MY as it has the 1.8T engine and the 6" infotainment display (2015 has 5" and no usb connectivity)
Remember when you liked what you currently have
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1147 posts
1381 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Badman wrote: I would choose a vw golf as well. However no heated steering wheel on any year.

Would be able to find some good deals on 2-3 year old models tho.

2016-2018 would be my pick with the 1.8L motor. Tho the 1.4 does provide better fuel economy.
You can swap the Tiguan steering wheel if a heated steering wheel is a deal breaker.
Sep 25, 2018
659 posts
1204 upvotes
Corolla Hatchback has Android auto starting 2019. It also has heated front seat and optional heated steering wheel (SE upgrade I think).

However given it's age, it will be really hard for you to find a reasonably priced one with low mileage. I was in the market for one, and the market was flooded with fleet vehicles. There were very few used ones that were for personal use. You'll need to pay a lot for it too.
[OP]
Jan 2, 2015
486 posts
439 upvotes
Montréal area
Oh wow thanks for all your input.

I'll think about some of the options. Of course, there's a budget. My goal is to buy the cheapest that check my list (and other usual item that I didn't write).
I'm not a car lover, but I want some comfort, that's all, I'll probably keep this car like 6-8 years.

I have a preference for asian car brands for reliability but I could go with something else if another brand is also reliable here.
Oct 30, 2007
110 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
secretliar wrote: Oh wow thanks for all your input.

I'll think about some of the options. Of course, there's a budget. My goal is to buy the cheapest that check my list (and other usual item that I didn't write).
I'm not a car lover, but I want some comfort, that's all, I'll probably keep this car like 6-8 years.

I have a preference for asian car brands for reliability but I could go with something else if another brand is also reliable here.
You could consider one of these https://www.autotrader.ca/a/hyundai/ela ... 9&sprx=100
If you get a higher model it will have heated steering wheel. It will not drive the same as a golf. But maybe that won’t matter to you.
Apr 5, 2017
837 posts
603 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Golf wagon is another option. Much more space. Wagons will hold better value especially since they have a cult following of stationwagon lovers. This is also the last of the cheap ones you can buy here and last of the stick shift ones.

Wagons > Hatchbacks

It's too bad not enough buy them, they are going away in North American market.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19213 posts
6772 upvotes
Toronto
There's wagon clubs, but I don't know about hatchback clubs ;)
Just saying lol
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7417 posts
5439 upvotes
Kitchener
Used 2018 Nissan LEAF??? Similar to an upgraded Versa. More powerful, cheaper to run, more reliable.