Credit Cards

Have you already received the bonus cashback from BNS on your Momentum VI? ($2000 MSR)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2019 11:51 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Have you already received the bonus cashback from BNS on your Momentum VI? ($2000 MSR)

• Total votes: 4. You have voted on this poll.
1. I hit the $2000 MSR, received the bonus CB within the promised timeframe.

50%
2. I hit the $2000 MSR, received the bonus CB part OUTSIDE of the promised timeframe.

25%
3. I hit the $2000 MSR but haven't received the bonus yet - already outside the timeframe

25%
4. I hit the $2000 MSR but haven't received the bonus - still within timeframe

0%
5. Other (please sound off in the comments below)

0%

Poll ended at Mar 20th, 2020 5:25 pm

[OP]
Apr 2, 2019
616 posts
514 upvotes
Dogsville

Have you already received the bonus cashback from BNS on your Momentum VI? ($2000 MSR)

Just wanted to run a quick poll to gauge the situation around the bonus cashback being given to the customers by BNS. From what I read in the comments earlier many users haven't received the cashback yet EVEN THOUGH it's long overdue.
Last edited by hotsince83 on Dec 8th, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
💳: TD Rewards Visa 🤣
30 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1530 posts
987 upvotes
Montreal
Hit the threshold the first week with the card, nothing yet. Sent a message last statement, got useless emails telling me how the card works. Sent a message this statement asking them to forgo the useless information. Don't expect much.

Scotia is awful, even to Private Banking clients (I used to be with them until they annoyed me, have friends still there and they can't get a clear answer either eg. Not our department).
[OP]
Apr 2, 2019
616 posts
514 upvotes
Dogsville
Yeah I guess this is where the difference between BNS and TD hits home, I remember calling in to TD crying about the fact i'm getting only 6% CB whereas there's a 9%CB offering running and the same moment they flat out credited me $200 bucks in compensation.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14096 posts
11755 upvotes
Not Leask
hotsince83 wrote: Yeah I guess this is where the difference between BNS and TD hits home, I remember calling in to TD crying about the fact i'm getting only 6% CB whereas there's a 9%CB offering running and the same moment they flat out credited me $200 bucks in compensation.
TD's like San Diego where BNS is like Tijuana. Whoever has the better product on paper is one thing, but there's a substantial difference between the two issuers in product support and customer service.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
[OP]
Apr 2, 2019
616 posts
514 upvotes
Dogsville
I didn't realize there was a discussion going on about this subject in "Hot Deals" section. Apparently @JinP10907 was able to get the bonus by being persistent, calling in and demanding money 'right now' : D
May 27, 2011
497 posts
538 upvotes
Montreal
If I have to call (and go through loops) to get the bonus then this is it for me ... not going to renew and will avoid BNS in the future. I guess I'll give them 1 more month to come clean :)
Apr 5, 2017
435 posts
63 upvotes
i have called 3 times. BS answer, say: u need to wait wait wait..
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1013 upvotes
I did get mine but I noticed two things:

1.) I finished spending a few days before Statement Print, didnt show up
2.) following statement, it was there a couple days after
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3494 posts
1171 upvotes
Ontario
Techiedude wrote: I did get mine but I noticed two things:

1.) I finished spending a few days before Statement Print, didnt show up
2.) following statement, it was there a couple days after

When did you reach $2000 spend?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3494 posts
1171 upvotes
Ontario
Techiedude wrote: Like week 2ish?
Sorry, I was wondering what calendar date you made the $2000 spend. Just wondering how long between reachign 2k and getting the $200.

For me, I reached 2k spend in Feb. and am still waiting for the 200. Seems like I'm not the only one...
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.2%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1013 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Sorry, I was wondering what calendar date you made the $2000 spend. Just wondering how long between reachign 2k and getting the $200.

For me, I reached 2k spend in Feb. and am still waiting for the 200. Seems like I'm not the only one...
Mine was applied on second statement, so if you finished May or June?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1013 upvotes
FYI, looking at old threads, they state within first three months, same as old deals, some folks got it statement three and some four. Some people got it statement of.

They won’t rip you off 🤪
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1022 posts
724 upvotes
Mississauga
Any update? anyone receive their bonus since last posting?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1146 posts
789 upvotes
I used online messaging system and they just told me to call in. Still have not got the bonus.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1301 posts
1059 upvotes
typical scotia. waited for 6 months for the Scotia Passport welcome bonus. but when I asked for a supervisor at the beginning of a call, they suddenly found the link to readjust my points. 🤣
May 27, 2011
497 posts
538 upvotes
Montreal
EDL67134234 wrote: I used online messaging system and they just told me to call in. Still have not got the bonus.
Same thing for me ... call in to talk to our advisors. I replied saying that if I decided to use email/online channel is because this is the medium I want to communicate with the bank, not the phone. Let's see what they have to say.

I believe this just sealed the decision to drop the card at the end of the year. :)
May 27, 2011
497 posts
538 upvotes
Montreal
FOLLOW UP on response from BNS:
... the bonus cash back is credited to the account 3 months after the promotional 3-month period. ...
or in other words you should see your bonus in 3+3 = 6 months after account open date. Anyone here with 6m+ from account open date and still no bonus?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2005
1022 posts
724 upvotes
Mississauga
bobitza wrote: FOLLOW UP on response from BNS: or in other words you should see your bonus in 3+3 = 6 months after account open date. Anyone here with 6m+ from account open date and still no bonus?
No bonus, opened November 1, 2018
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1530 posts
987 upvotes
Montreal
No bonus on 6th statement (June 7) even after online CSR said at end of May it would post by then.

Nothing is ever easy with Scotia, at least in my experience.