Wheels and Tires

Have you ever? How do people Curb their wheels?

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 4:38 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18862 posts
2545 upvotes
Woodbridge

Have you ever? How do people Curb their wheels?

I get it shit happens, I curbed my OEM Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE wheels after night shift, I got used to not sleeping after work. Lesson learned. Never again. lol

Just today, after getting Chatime, I waled by this Mercedes C300 not one but both front & back wheels curbed AF.

It's either you don't give two shits or you can't drive? I see a lot when we're walking down Yonge & Finch.

I'm thinking okay even if it's leased, because I see mostly luxury vehicles, won't they get charged for it?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
8 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1720 posts
610 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm pretty careful when I park since I'm running aftermarket wheels on my car that I paid a pretty penny for. First and last time it happened was when I was parallel parking and got distracted looked the other way while I was still backing up and bang luckily it wasn't too bad but I still cried.
Mar 28, 2011
986 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
Lease wear protection covers rash

I use to SMH at curbed rims, until like you, I was tired and didn’t pay attention and went too close during a parallel and curbed the back passenger rim

Knock on wood it was the first and only time
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4593 upvotes
Montréal
I usually do it when I'm taking a tight corner at speed, I've since stopped doing that haha.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
29788 posts
10500 upvotes
Some people actually think that bumping/scraping your wheels into the curb is "how to park" on the street :facepalm: Seriously I've heard quite a few people justify/explain curb rash with "I live/work downtown, I have to street park so that's what happens" :rolleyes: :lol: Uh no that's "how not to park". Granted, I've always lived in suburbia and only street park a handful of times a year (none since covid since there's nothing to go Downtown for) but still I don't go bumping into curbs thinking "that's how it's done" or whatever crazy shit these people have thought up.

If you have a CUV/SUV with "small wheels" and high profile tyres, then sure you can probably bounce them into curbs [lightly] all day long but if you got a vehicle with big wheels/low pro tyres, this is just going to be a recipe for destroying those wheels.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5103 posts
2010 upvotes
People don't know how to use their side mirrors properly.

Heck they need to have side reverse cameras that move like the eyes of a chameleon so that they can see the curb.

I've never curbed any of my wheels on all the cars that I have driven since I got my license in 1992.

I HATE SEEING MARKS ON MY TIRES LET ALONE THE RIMS.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1632 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
I can only speak for myself, but I blame my one curbed wheel on my carelessness. It happened at a parking lot that, at the time, I frequented, so I knew where the curb was, but for some reason, I completely forgot about it and curbed my wheel.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2901 posts
1203 upvotes
GTA
I use reverse stretched tires so I have like 5" of rubber between the wheel and the curb
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8155 posts
803 upvotes
Brampton
Happened to me once and at the dealership too.

They parked the car at the corner and I didn’t realize it was there when picking up the car that when leaving I cut the corner too much.

Ended up curbing my rear passenger side wheel.

Apart from that I can’t say I have curbed a wheel myself.

Too bad large rims are the in style there day. Personally I prefer more tire and smaller wheels.