Cell Phones

Have you paid Koodo's activation credits when cancelling?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2020 5:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7836 posts
1523 upvotes

Have you paid Koodo's activation credits when cancelling?

I signed up around November last year for a refurb note 8. My tab now shows $85.

I called koodo to ask what my final bill would be if I were to cancel and she did not mention anything about the activation credits. Only the tab and only the days used in the current billing cycle. I asked her what about activation credits? She said she didnt see anything about that.

So has anyone legitimately cancelled and paid the activation credits??
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7555 posts
5034 upvotes
Canada
Had 2 lines, both activated after the change in ECF.
On 1 I had to pay it, on the second I didn't............ maybe some glitch
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1896 posts
608 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: I signed up around November last year for a refurb note 8. My tab now shows $85.

I called koodo to ask what my final bill would be if I were to cancel and she did not mention anything about the activation credits. Only the tab and only the days used in the current billing cycle. I asked her what about activation credits? She said she didnt see anything about that.

So has anyone legitimately cancelled and paid the activation credits??
I presume by "activation credit" you mean that infamous "phone credit" introduced by Koodo
in August 2019?

If Kooodoooz are intelligent enough to remove it, I might actually sign up for some
more phones with them..

Let us wait and see. :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7836 posts
1523 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: Had 2 lines, both activated after the change in ECF.
On 1 I had to pay it, on the second I didn't............ maybe some glitch
What months did you do these cancellations?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7555 posts
5034 upvotes
Canada
EPcjay wrote: What months did you do these cancellations?
I think 1 in Dec, other one in Jan or Feb
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18985 posts
8604 upvotes
Oakville
I mean... Prior to Koodo bringing in activation credit paybacks, call center employees would *routinely* lie (or just be "misinformed") and tell people that they had to pay them back if they cancelled, when they didn't... So I wouldn't take a call center employee's word for it.

If your contract says you have to pay it back, even if somebody on the phone says they don't see it, a CCTS complaint will almost certainly side with what's in your contract if you get charged and try to challenge it.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7836 posts
1523 upvotes
wearysky wrote: I mean... Prior to Koodo bringing in activation credit paybacks, call center employees would *routinely* lie (or just be "misinformed") and tell people that they had to pay them back if they cancelled, when they didn't... So I wouldn't take a call center employee's word for it.

If your contract says you have to pay it back, even if somebody on the phone says they don't see it, a CCTS complaint will almost certainly side with what's in your contract if you get charged and try to challenge it.
Contract does say "activation" credits will need to be paid back and they calculate by months remaining in the 24 month contract. But call centre employees should be able to tell me how much that is....except she said only the tab balance was the only balance that needed to be paid.
Banned
User avatar
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal
keep us posted, thanks
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Newbie
May 26, 2020
56 posts
21 upvotes
If they charge the credits back, return the phone. Then they'll get a phone they can't sell as new. Burn them back.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18985 posts
8604 upvotes
Oakville
PaulJ156 wrote: If they charge the credits back, return the phone. Then they'll get a phone they can't sell as new. Burn them back.
The phone was bought in November, a bit late to return it now.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 11, 2009
5350 posts
2000 upvotes
Debtario
If you signed up after August 25, 2019 you''ll be on the hook. Maybe you get lucky, but more than likely you'll get a surprise bill in the future, or as with some Koodo customers they'll never send you the final bill and it will go straight to collections behind your back.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Jr. Member
Sep 28, 2012
107 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
Koodo is the worst, period.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)