Off Topic

Have you started gearing up for second wave?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 3:55 pm
Mar 1, 2020
323 posts
130 upvotes
GTA West
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Welp, 401 cases in Ontario.
130 cases in Toronto today, with 82 in Peel Region, and 61 in Ottawa.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/09/18/ ... ptember18/
I don't even know whether to stock up for the 2nd wave today or next week... heck i recall it was only in the 200's last week... eg more specifically last Friday and Saturday i distinctly remember mentioning to my wife that heck it's the 2nd straight day we have over 200 cases (last weekend) - at least walmart had rice on sale for $15/16kg so that i stocked up on till next summer LOL...
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1092 posts
1099 upvotes
LPGA2020 wrote: I don't even know whether to stock up for the 2nd wave today or next week... heck i recall it was only in the 200's last week... eg more specifically last Friday and Saturday i distinctly remember mentioning to my wife that heck it's the 2nd straight day we have over 200 cases (last weekend) - at least walmart had rice on sale for $15/16kg so that i stocked up on till next summer LOL...
I'd start now. Based on what I have seen in the grocery stores, followed by what my delivery driver told me today with the deliveries we received for our stores followed by what I am reading in other forums. Toilet paper hoarding is in full swing followed closely by things like bleach and disinfectants. Food will be next
Mar 1, 2020
323 posts
130 upvotes
GTA West
HghSsociety wrote: I'd start now. Based on what I have seen in the grocery stores, followed by what my delivery driver told me today with the deliveries we received for our stores followed by what I am reading in other forums. Toilet paper hoarding is in full swing followed closely by things like bleach and disinfectants. Food will be next
Thanks! I am signing off here in a bit to go you know where... watching US Open Golf (PGA) and Women's Golf (LPGA) will have to wait... thankfully there's nothing to do workwise today (I've submitted my reports for the week)
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4487 posts
880 upvotes
Scarborough
I still have all the can food I bought from March. It wasn't a lot, but enough to last me two weeks if I get quarantined. Toilet paper I have a pack of 24 roles which can last me to the end of the year. So don't really need to buy anything besides food.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
8725 posts
2407 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
GoodFellaz wrote: i dunno what to do. i have enough toilet paper but im not going to stock pile it like these other people do at costco
I don’t understand the hoarding of toilet paper from Costco. Don’t people know that Costco sells bidet toilet seats... with air drying? No more need for toilet paper.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1570 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
MexiCanuck wrote: I don’t understand the hoarding of toilet paper from Costco. Don’t people know that Costco sells bidet toilet seats... with air drying? No more need for toilet paper.
a few splash and air blowing and you think it's clean with no wiping? that's like washing your hands without rubbing them together.Face Screaming In Fear
Jun 4, 2013
442 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
bas00m wrote: I am just stating facts, now the free rent and no eviction will come to an end. You will have to pay for all those missed months. plus the months moving forward. From what I am seeing, ppl are going out and buying all sort of things so hopefully they saved some CERB but at the same time, if more job losses are coming due to a possible second wave, then it will get even harder then!
Or feds could merge CERB and CREW together. Say if a business hire 80 to 90% of it's work force before March the gov will pay 80% of all the employee wages for IDK 6 months or something. So business starts hiring and since people no longer gets free money they have to start looking for jobs. People then have work and aren't at home being lazy. Business can start hiring about hopefully bring the economy back faster with more people working
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2146 posts
852 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Welp, 401 cases in Ontario.
130 cases in Toronto today, with 82 in Peel Region, and 61 in Ottawa.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/09/18/ ... ptember18/
about a 1.1% rate which is actually better than back in June when less testing was done and the same number of positive cases. just need to be precautious, nothing alarming yet
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5602 posts
2790 upvotes
Mississauga
No, the daily counts in isolation aren't that alarming. But what is is the seven-day average. That's what we need to pay attention to.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13091 posts
2184 upvotes
City of Vancouver
How much hydroxychloroquine and dumbells should I buy?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9251 posts
1703 upvotes
Toronto
sumtimw0ng wrote: about a 1.1% rate which is actually better than back in June when less testing was done and the same number of positive cases. just need to be precautious, nothing alarming yet
Back in June schools were closed.
I saw those school kids all bunched up on the bus and while waiting for the bus.
There is definite need to be alarmed as this thing spreads quickly and can spiral out of control fast.
The unfortunate thing is people will wait until our overlords give directives, when it will be too late, instead of reverting back to many of their lockdown practices on their own.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
5830 posts
989 upvotes
badOne wrote: expect when reality hits, canadians will not be much better. The protests against masks and lack of social distancing suggests people still arent taking this seriously.
I would think more people will take a vaccine if its a requirement to cross an international border or get into canada
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378
Ole Gunnar IN!!!!
I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3728 posts
681 upvotes
Newbury, ON
badOne wrote: expect when reality hits, canadians will not be much better. The protests against masks and lack of social distancing suggests people still arent taking this seriously.
that's the problem, they are taking it seriously. but not in the direction you would expect. I await the flat earth society protest next week to screams of "omg man, don't get in that boat - its going to fall off the edge!!"
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18968 posts
1985 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
MexiCanuck wrote: I don’t understand the hoarding of toilet paper from Costco. Don’t people know that Costco sells bidet toilet seats... with air drying? No more need for toilet paper.
Heh

Don’t people know a shower head can be improvised to be a manual bidet with soap, manual drying is just as effective, if not Moreau than a bidet?

Horde something else like meats if you have a chest freezer.