Off Topic

Have you started gearing up for second wave?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 3:55 pm
Jun 21, 2011
953 posts
143 upvotes
YYZ
Supercooled wrote: Heh

Don’t people know a shower head can be improvised to be a manual bidet with soap, manual drying is just as effective, if not Moreau than a bidet?

Horde something else like meats if you have a chest freezer.
Middle eastern ppl all have bidet long time ago. I have friends who live close by who would call me and want to use the bathroom because they ran out of toilet paper Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9369 posts
6985 upvotes
HghSsociety wrote: I'd start now. Based on what I have seen in the grocery stores, followed by what my delivery driver told me today with the deliveries we received for our stores followed by what I am reading in other forums. Toilet paper hoarding is in full swing followed closely by things like bleach and disinfectants. Food will be next
People are so dumb. I hope they go back to the strict 1 per person for things like toilet paper
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
3225 posts
3504 upvotes
About a month ago.

Have two full freezers of frozen meat/fish on battery backups and an empty chest freezer on the way in case one dies. 10x each of Costco toilet paper and paper towel rolls, just like back in December.

Bring it on while less prepared people fish for scrap. I would have thought people would have learned from last time, but no. Saw people fighting over a bag of chicken at the local grocery store just yesterday. Laughed a bit.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6654 posts
2904 upvotes
im grabbing that last pack of toilet paper before you. Next week grabbing the flour.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3301 posts
596 upvotes
Sanyo wrote: People are so dumb. I hope they go back to the strict 1 per person for things like toilet paper
I have been in stores where items that were in demand clearly had signs that read one or two items max per customer. Of course some people bought several, if not all of the scarce items, and nothing was said to them by the cashier. Of course you never know how the person buying an excessive amount of said products will react and I do feel sorry for the cashiers. You do run though into cashiers who will demand that people buy only 1 or 2 of a product as stipulated and I have great respect for them. Personally, I would not even think of buying beyond what is stipulated. Of course I always properly wear a mask, follow the arrows in stores etc.

I have noticed a lack of paper towels - and the stores have noticed too. Resupply of items often depends on where you live. As well as line ups to get into the store and the lineups to pay.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3994 posts
253 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I was at Costco a few days ago and seen someone who literally had a skid of TP and bottle water.They might be a business member but heck they can get it cheaper at a commercial wholeseller.Second wave of stupidity has started.Doesnt help the cases are rising and best estimate for a vaccine is mid 2021.
Last edited by gizmo8 on Sep 19th, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2176 posts
883 upvotes
Montreal, QC
in Quebec, we just hit the 400 cases threshold and we test way less than Ontario... also, we are only banning alcohol sale after midnight while there's new measure in Ontario about gathering, we are doing crap over here... just to put it in perspective, Quebec is doing way worse and we can blame this on the regions
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1037 posts
376 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: Heh

Don’t people know a shower head can be improvised to be a manual bidet with soap, manual drying is just as effective, if not Moreau than a bidet?

Horde something else like meats if you have a chest freezer.
Used the shower head thing before I owned a home.

Now all 4 bathrooms in my house has it. I cant live with a dirty anus like most North Americans. I never had to hoard for toilet paper.
Jul 8, 2010
879 posts
352 upvotes
White Bear, ON
RE Covid:
Main reason people buy TP is not for the bathroom instead they use it as a.............................................

Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
mathu83 wrote: RE Covid:
Main reason people buy TP is not for the bathroom instead they use it as a.............................................

Wow, Prodigy has aged a lot from what I remember.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18995 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I just bought this from Walmart.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/arctic-kin ... 0195999740

Mind you, I've always wanted one and always sat on my hands about it. This pandemic like one reviewer said has changed a lot of buying habits. Current fridge freezer is filled to the hilt.

Looks like a great size, too.

EDIT: Why does the Walmart stock image have yogurt, shelf stable granola bars and raisins in the freezer? Lol?
Images
  • mini_freezer.jpg
  • 999999-81308402380_1.jpg
Banned
Jan 23, 2016
1430 posts
405 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
There isn't going to be a second wave.
Images
  • EhYFTF4X0AAMw1N.jpg
Sig abuse is not permitted on RFD - Mods
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13113 posts
2191 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Supercooled wrote: I just bought this from Walmart.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/arctic-kin ... 0195999740

Mind you, I've always wanted one and always sat on my hands about it. This pandemic like one reviewer said has changed a lot of buying habits. Current fridge freezer is filled to the hilt.

Looks like a great size, too.

EDIT: Why does the Walmart stock image have yogurt, shelf stable granola bars and raisins in the freezer? Lol?
Thought u need airflow in a freezer, like in the stock photo.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16993 posts
6129 upvotes
Frankly the biggest thing you need is masks. And they are plentiful now (cloth and non medical surgical kinds).
If you find something from last time you wish you had or that you needed then grab that now.

Otherwise just distance well and never be maskless.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people